cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

elstaci
MVP

Re: is my amd a10-7800 cpu supposed to go up to around 80+ degree celsius when gaming

Most commercial thermal paste is fine for your APU.

just don't put too much otherwise it won't remove heat efficiently.

0 Likes
xmadmike
Adept I

Re: is my amd a10-7800 cpu supposed to go up to around 80+ degree celsius when gaming

First screenshot show cpu fan maxing at 600rpm, second screenshot show it at 2K+ and chassis fan at 600rpm....

the cpu fan must be connected to the CPU FAN pins

it's not "normal" to have a cpu fan turning at 2K+ even when idle, check the cables, once it's done, change your cooling curve, using speedfan or any software like that (20% under 40°C 100% over 70°C)

xmadmike
Adept I

just checked your cooler, here are the fan speeds :

FAN SPEED
500~1500 RPM
400~1100 RPM (with LNC )

so 600 is definately too low for max load, and 2600+ is not possible, unless the mobo isn't reading the speed correctly.

elstaci
MVP

Good point. I missed that.

If the fan is running maximum at 600 RPM that would cause the CPU to start to overheat.

Depends where the OP connected his fan. But even if the OP connected the CPU fan to a computer case fan port it should go faster than minimum speed all the time.

The Fan running at 2K could be the CPU Fan connected to a computer case fan port.

But it is strange that the 600 RPM speed is at a minimum all the time. Computer case fans normally fluctuates between the minimum and maximum speeds.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
kingmansir
Journeyman III

is it because i have a rear case fan attached cause when i bought the pc around2-4 years ago it only had one fan dose that cause it to overheat

0 Likes
kingmansir
Journeyman III

her are the plug in for the 2 fans the red is the rear and blue is the cpu one bothe of the fans are 3pinsInked20210428_184636_LI.jpg

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

The Fractal Design CPU Fan has a 21 CFM air flow which is very weak which is why it is so cheap. But still it should still go faster than 600 RPM when the processor was overheating unless you have it plugged in a computer case fan port on your motherboard as mentioned by the other User.

EDIT: Okay I see you have a low profile CPU Cooler which you posted an photo of.  It is similar to the AMD CPU Coolers. You may need to find a 80 MM fan that will fit that CPU Cooler. Not all 80 MM Fan may fit in that type of CPU Cooler.

0 Likes
kingmansir
Journeyman III

Cooler Master R4-BM8S-30PK-R0 Blade Master 80 - Sleeve Bearing 80mm PWM Cooling Fan for Computer Cas...

i ordering this one for the cpu

should i take out the rear fan then cause the pc didnt come with a rear one

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

I edited my previous reply.

If your CPU Fan is screwed to the CPU Cooler than you need to find a 80 MM Fan where the holes will line up with the CPU Cooler. If the fan is clipped on to the CPU Cooler with wire clips than most 80 MM fans would fit.

Cooler Master does make some good Computer fans. That one has a maximum 2000 RPM which is better than the Fractal Design you have now.

The advertisement mentions a maximum of 2000 RPM but Cooler Master says the Maximum is 3000 RPM. Maybe the one being advertised is an old model.

Here are the specs for that fan you linked for the Cooler Master. It has twice the CFM (40) then the Fractal (21):

Screenshot 2021-04-21 073647.png

If it fits your CPU Cooler, you processor shouldn't overheat anymore.

EDIT: If the Rear fan is faster or more powerful than the original rear case fan by all means leave it in. Use the original rear fan as a backup fan also. You can use the Fractal Design as a backup computer case fan in the future or for the CPU.

0 Likes
kingmansir
Journeyman III

so 4 pin 8s better than 3 pin fans and 

20210428_191348.jpg

so the cpu one goes on the cpu fan pins and where to I put the rear fan to

0 Likes