cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

lou-reed
Journeyman III

Insstalling OpenCL ver. 1.2 on womdows 10.

I am trying to install OpenCL ver. 1.2 for Windows 10. There is a video on YouTube that shows you how to do it. However the link that they show in the first few minutes to download is no longer working.  Capture1.JPG

I need to download this file or its replacement. I want to install OpenCL version 1.2 Windows 10.

I believe that this version of OpenCL is specific to Radeon (AMD) GPUs.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

0 Likes
1 Solution

OpenCL support comes directly from the GPU Graphics drivers.

But did find this tech website that shows how to install OpenCL on Windows: How to install OpenCL on Windows - StreamHPC 

Run GPU-Z and see if your GPU card has OpenCL enabled (Checkmarked). If it isn't than you have a problem with your Graphics driver or installation.

I believe that OpenCL should be backward compatible.

If you are interested, AMD Forum has an OpenCL Forum that can help you with any problems concerning OpenCL: OpenCL

EDIT: This edition of OpenCL replaced AMD SDK: Releases · GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/OCL-SDK · GitHub 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

OpenCL support comes directly from the GPU Graphics drivers.

But did find this tech website that shows how to install OpenCL on Windows: How to install OpenCL on Windows - StreamHPC 

Run GPU-Z and see if your GPU card has OpenCL enabled (Checkmarked). If it isn't than you have a problem with your Graphics driver or installation.

I believe that OpenCL should be backward compatible.

If you are interested, AMD Forum has an OpenCL Forum that can help you with any problems concerning OpenCL: OpenCL

EDIT: This edition of OpenCL replaced AMD SDK: Releases · GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/OCL-SDK · GitHub 

marygagnon
Journeyman III

short, sweet, to the point. and most importantly it fixed it right up, thanks for the explanation and resolution!!