cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

sami4747
Adept I

I get my CPU today and I think its fake can someone help me

So I buy AMD Ryzen 3 2200G yesterday online from an store located in my country and it came today, but when I open the package I find that It wasn't in the original box that is suppose to be in, the fan look new and it was in black box but the CPU was in pallet and when I check it I find that its doesn't look new and clean there was some fingerprints on it, so I believe its used one and very old, The other thing that worried me more is I find in reedit post that AMD CPU's that come with triangle down to the left are fake (the original one should come without triangle), the CPU I got have that triangle + it's look used so can someone tell me if I should return this CPU ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

CPUs that go in palettes are usually for OEM usage, and have no individual (box) package, hence they had to get you a package somehow. The same goes for it having fingerprints and looking used - it was probably taken out of pallet, was expected to be assembled into OEM pre-build machine, but something went south and it was not installed / disassembled. If it fits into socket, go for it, then launch some diagnostics (like CPU-Z or something), or see how it is recognized in BIOS. If it doesn't fit in socket - refund immediaty. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Can you post some photos of the packaging and Processor and what is written on top of the CPU like the Model Number and Serial Number printed on it?

Can you please check these pics and give me your thoughts:

Both.PNG3200g.PNG1.jpegfan2.jpeg3.jpeg2.jpegfan1.jpeg3200 3.PNG3200g 2.PNG3200g 4.PNG

0 Likes

CPUs that go in palettes are usually for OEM usage, and have no individual (box) package, hence they had to get you a package somehow. The same goes for it having fingerprints and looking used - it was probably taken out of pallet, was expected to be assembled into OEM pre-build machine, but something went south and it was not installed / disassembled. If it fits into socket, go for it, then launch some diagnostics (like CPU-Z or something), or see how it is recognized in BIOS. If it doesn't fit in socket - refund immediaty. 

Thank you for your answer yes it fits on the motherboard I will check later with bios after I finish my Pc build

0 Likes

Just for your information if this is considered to be a OEM AMD APU Processor it isn't covered by AMD 3 year Warranty.

Only Processors that are sold in Retail Stores and comes in a Official AMD sealed Retail Box are covered by the 3 year AMD Warranty.

From CPU World concerning your Ryzen 3 3200G Processor:

Screenshot 2021-02-06 064624.png

I suggest you open a AMD Service Request - Warranty and post your Processor's Serial Number to verify if it is a OEM AMD APU or a AMD Retail APU from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

But the website has been down since yesterday for Maintenance. So probably tomorrow it might be working and you can find out.

It is important because if it is a OEM AMD processor only the Retail Store where you purchased it can Warranty your processor not AMD.

Thank you for explaining this, I will open the request and check the warranty for my CPU I hope it will be AMD Retail APU.