cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

xonerato
Journeyman III

How to disable Radeon Overlay (Alt + Z)

I can't get rid of this overlay (apparently there's 2, i don't know who had that brilliant idea), i already disabled the Hotkey. I've searched everywhere but everyone says only to disabled it.

whb8kgjcr2g11.png5jjpg7jcr2g11.png

0 Likes
6 Replies

Change it to something you'll never press

0 Likes

Like I said there's 2 overlays, that one i already disabled it.. that option is for this overlay:

Sem Título.png

I want to get rid of this overlay:

whb8kgjcr2g11.png

I don't understand why no one else is having this issue..

0 Likes

The bottom pic is Alt + Z hotkey combo, remap/disable ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

what? I want to disable the bottom pic Alt + Z Overlay

0 Likes
taki7o7
Journeyman III

I had the same problem. When doing it in the settings Alt+Z still work - Seems to be a bug bc the new set shortcut also works.

I fiddled around in the Registry and found

(!!! USER !!!) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AMD\DVR\ToggleRsHotkey - Edit it to empty
&

(!!! MACHINE !!!) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\DVR\ToggleDvrToolbarHotkey - Edit to empty

Open Task-Manager, task kill Radeon Settings process and restart it. Alt+Z should be dead now. But aswell your other shortcut, but who cares

0 Likes
defalkner
Adept I

THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT 

Alt + Z turns on/off the overlay.  A problem is that if you have METRICS enabled (metrics let you see your fps and other good stuff) the metrics never go away with ALT+Z.
Do this: Press  Alt+Z and with the overlay OPEN  click the squares on the top to turn off metrics too.

If you want to completely disable the overlay go into your RADEON settings, under GENERAL on the RIGHT side you can uncheck ENABLE OVERLAY, which permanently disables it. 

I think AMD should have put all the overlay options under its own tab, it's a bit confusing because some settings are spread across different tab categories. If you like metrics then you need to enable the overlay but to control what data in the metrics you see it's under the performance tab which some people get lost looking for. 

0 Likes