cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

u7QO8
Adept II

how the adrenalin work with the graphic setting in the game

i have no idea how do it work with the game graphic setting itself.

for an example,

1. if the game support Triple Buffering, and i only set it on in adrenalin, do it is working in the game if i didn't set it in the game setting?

2. if the game use TAA, or any Post-Process Anti-Aliasing, do it add some workload on adrenalin if i set Morphological Filtering (MLAA) on or do MF will overlay the game PPAA or overlapping it( it means AA do double in work, consume the GPU resource only without any benefits)  in the process?

3. if the game AA is using like low, middle , and high, but not MSAA, SSAA etc work, do it still work when i set Adaptive MSAA in adrenalin on Override application settings?

......... and more

0 Likes
4 Replies
u7QO8
Adept II

for an example, deadrising 4 use AA of FXAA, MSAA/MLAA( don't remember) and TAA, they are Post-Process Anti-Aliasing, so how do AA setting work in adrenalin with the game originally itself?

0 Likes
Ashishbamrara
Journeyman III

The term "Adrenalin" refers to the driver and software package for AMD Radeon graphics cards called the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin. It offers a number of options and settings that can affect how computer games behave. Let's examine how game graphics settings interact with the Radeon Software Adrenalin:

Graphics Settings Optimisation: Radeon Software Adrenalin has a function called "Radeon Software Adrenalin," which can automatically optimise game settings based on your system hardware and the game you're playing. It evaluates the capabilities of your machine and suggests the best graphics settings to strike a compromise between performance and visual quality.

Performance Profiles: You may design unique performance profiles for specific games using the programme. To customise the gaming experience to your tastes, you may change settings for anti-aliasing, texture quality, shadow quality, resolution, and more. Others may prioritise visual quality and choose higher settings at the price of frame rate, while some users may prioritise performance and favour lower graphics settings to get better frame rates.

1. Radeon Anti-Lag and Radeon Boost: These are features designed to improve gaming performance. Radeon Anti-Lag reduces input-to-display response times, resulting in a more responsive gaming experience. Radeon Boost adjusts resolution dynamically to increase frame rates during fast-paced moments in the game, which can enhance smoothness and responsiveness.

2. Radeon Image Sharpening: This feature can enhance in-game visuals by dynamically sharpening images without impacting performance significantly. It allows you to enjoy clearer visuals and better image quality.

3. Radeon Chill: This feature helps reduce power consumption and heat generation by dynamically regulating frame rates based on your in-game activity. It can lower frame rates during less demanding moments and increase them when needed, resulting in energy savings and potentially longer gaming sessions on laptops.

0 Likes
u7QO8
Adept II

AMD mention RSR which currently is using on FSR 1.0 version, which they said it require to use TAA to work , so do it mean we should set the AA on SSAA for better working on RSR? 

0 Likes
BigTacious
Adept III

When you set something like OpenGL triple buffering,  or override the anti-aliasing method to a particular method, it does so at the driver level and ignores whatever the game/application has the setting to. want to emphasize that triple buffering is only for OpenGL applications/games, if its not OpenGL you'll need to set up triple buffering in the app/game.

5900X | Sapphire Nitro 7900XTX | 64gb RAM 3600mhz CL16 | x570 TUF WiFi
0 Likes