cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

brukeo6
Journeyman III

How can I fix my ryzen 6800u notebook buffers while watching youtube?

My notebook is Lenovo Thinkbook 16 G4+ ARA ryzen 7 6800u version. My notebook's display turns black when I watches the 2k or 4k video on youtube. I tried to fix it by reinstalling the old driver and changing my options of amd adrenalin driver but it was not fixed. Also I turned off the hardware boost option of edge browser the trouble was fixed but the frame and resolution of the video had badly dropped. If anyone has a solution could you teach me how to fix it?

0 Likes
3 Replies

First update all of your Lenovo Laptop drivers from Lenovo's Support download page: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkbook-series/thinkbook-16-g4-ar...

Input your Laptop Serial number in the above link to verify the correct download page for your laptop.

Download Lenovo's OEM AMD Graphics and Chipset drivers and update your BIOS if it is older than the one shown.

From your Laptop Manual concerning your Laptop Screen resolutions:

Screenshot 2024-02-09 114343.png

Not sure if your laptop has the 1920 x 1200 Resolution or the 2k resolution of 2560 x 1600

On YouTube turn off "Annotations" under the Video's Settings,  which can place extra stress on your GPU card causing it to crash.

Also run YouTube at 2k or lower Resolution for your laptop unless you have an external Monitor connected with a higher resolution than 2k.

@Sam_AMD  I see Khoros finally fixed the BOLD TYPE bug. Just noticed that my BOLD lettering is now showing in my previous reply.

0 Likes

Yes. We've fixed both bugs, the lightbox (clicking on images froze the browser) and the bold type feature of the text editor earlier this week.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT