cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

keinel2
Journeyman III

How can I disable SmartAccess Graphics?

I love my AMD laptop, I've made radeon graphics a search criterion for my last 2 laptop purchases and all in all I feel that the hardware represents an unparalleled value. However, AMD has a tendency to saddle it with half baked software.

Per the title, I am asking if there's a way to disable SmartAccess Graphics in Adrenalin? I distinctly remember this being an option about 2 driver versions ago, but now the option to make the system default to using the dgpu is gone. I get this weird situation where anytime I'm not using an external display where the screen locks up for 5-10 seconds. This often happens in during internet browsing if, for example, someone includes a gif on a web page, or an ad with a video component gets through my ad blocker.

My assumption is that this is linked to the system deciding when to swap between integrated graphics and the dedicated gpu, because when I'm home I plug into an external monitor and everything runs super smooth all the time, so my diagnosis is that SmartAccess Graphics is garbage software, and if AMD won't actually get it working properly then I'd rather suffer shorter battery life for a functioning laptop. I've already combed the BIOS on my laptop, and there doesn't seem to be any options to disable it there, just wondering if anyone has a work around for this problem?

0 Likes
1 Reply
FunkZ
Paragon

If you have an Asus laptop you may want to check out this solution regarding Armoury Crate.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/issues-with-amd-smart-access-graphics-consta...

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes