cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

3van
Adept I

Hi, I Installed 8GB Ram of Corsair 3200mhz in my pc but it is showing 6.93 usable and 2133mhz only. I am using ASRock B450m Pro4 as motherboard. Kindly advise to fix this. Thank you.

Hi,  I Installed 8GB Ram of Corsair 3200mhz in my pc but it is showing 6.93 usable and 2133mhz only. I am using ASRock B450m Pro4 as motherboard. Kindly advise to fix this. Thank you.

0 Likes
9 Replies

A portion of ram is reserved for OS system use. The lower speed is probably the base speed, you can check that on Corsair website.

To get the higher speed enable XMP in motherboard bios (instructions in manual).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Adding to what Goodplay mentioned, if you are using a APU then some RAM is also reserved for the Integrated Graphics. The Integrated Graphics RAM amount can be adjusted via BIOS setting.

jdrobinson314
Challenger

Further adding to this, the former overclocking features were referred to a DOCP xmp profile for the ram. This should be pretty easy to find in the bios and set. Looking in manual DRAM timings frequency drop down boxes. Sometimes the xmp profiles show up at the bottom of the DRAM timing drop down boxes because numbers come before letters in ASCII alphabetical ordering.

B450 should handle this just fine. If you've got lingering unapplied bios updates, then apply the latest one.

0 Likes
3van
Adept I

Hi, Kindly advise the best GPU for Ryzen 3 2200g. I am planning to have GTX 1660 (6g) with Ryzen 3 2200g.

0 Likes

As others have mentioned, the iGPU is taking up some RAM because of the BIOS.  For now set it to the lowest memory usage from the iGPU as there is virtually no difference in gaming even when assigned the max amount of memory to it.  Make sure XMP/DOCP is loaded as well to set the memory to run at the rated speed.

After you get a GPU you can disable to iGPU to free up your RAM completely.

1660 is a good card for 1080p gaming but you should also consider something like a Radeon RX 570/580/590 depending on your budget.  I have an RX 570 myself with a 2200g and it runs fantastic.

0 Likes

HEY MATE!

I thinl you should go with rx580 8gb (gigabyte/msi build) or a rx590. These will perfectly help you to game at max!

Please do visit:

https://sites.google.com/view/techforyousite/home

https://twitter.com/TECHForYou10

RX580 8g Nitro - Not far behind the new RX5700 basic model

I recommend installing at last 16GB of memory so that there is enough for games and Windows to work with. Integrated Vega graphics can use up to 2GB of RAM so faster memory is helpful.

No doubt!!

Also you have to configure your motherboard at such that it uses dual channel memory link!!

Cuz dual channel boosts performances!

Reply to know your motheboards' configurations!

thanks

0 Likes