cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

yhuni
Journeyman III

Hello everyone.. i just bought a ryzen 3 3200 G. I have updated the BIOS to latest version which is 3.2 and updated the driver graphics, installed chipset for my AsRockb450 HDV v4. But my League of Legends game is laggy eventho I have 140+ fps.. I can't f

Hello everyone.. i just bought a ryzen 3 3200 G. I have updated the BIOS to latest version which is 3.2 and updated the driver graphics, installed chipset for my AsRockb450 HDV v4. But my League of Legends game is laggy eventho I have 140+ fps.. I can't fix it no matter what I try. Please help

Ryzen3200 G
AsRockb450 HDV v4
16gb ram 3000MHZ
Windows 10 Professional 64 bit

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Although many people game with 144hz monitors, they don't realise that to best use a monitor you must have higher fps than your display hz rate. So if you are gaming at 200fps average you'd be alright with a 144hz monitor. If your minimum fps sometimes drops below 144hz it could still be ok to use enhanced sync but you may need to set a lower frame rate target cap or use the in game settings to set a frame limit to 60 or 90 fps. 

Try setting Vsync in your AMD gaming global settings to Enhanced sync then ensuring vsync is enabled in your game. If you have freesync enabled in your monitors settings and in your AMD software settings under display you can often disable vsync in a games profile in your AMD adrenaline settings for that game as freesync monitors have a hardware frame buffer built in basically eliminating the need for vsync and doing a better job of it than the software can. 

Sometimes games that stutter possibly have a frame limit built into the game engine and the vsync or AMD software settings may be conflicting a little so try disable all frame limit settings if possible in AMD software and in game and consider even trying with vsync disabled. 

Just set GPU scaling on and enable radeon image sharpening and try gaming in fps higher than the max display rate or capping the max fps/hz and test with vsync enabled or disabled. To save power you may also want to enable AMD chill as often in games where you stand around talking accepting quests or are standing still the FPS doesn't need to be very high so maybe set it to 70fps minimum then 144 max so when you move the mouse around it will ramp up to 144hz. In this way if your game was originally using 100% power and the fans were noisy and the card was very hot it will work less hard but your game input lag to the display can be reduced by up to 64% and you will get a possibly better gaming experience with less fan noise and limiting the FPS with chill instead of using frame limits/caps can be better in eliminating stuttering or other issues.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot to mention if you've just recently updated your bios, its defaults may not be set to "performance" mode. 

You may want to look around in all your bios settings and set the overclocking to auto or whatever and enable your DDR RAM's XMP profile or something if you know what you're doing. Also check the PCI express settings. Sometimes instead of 3.0 or 4.0 or whatever its set lower by default or to 8x instead of 16x. Given the option forcing PCI express to gen 3 or 4 depending on your board can improve system speeds and access to NVME drives and such. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I solved my "slow to respond system" with memory timings in bios. I think I've finally got the answer you wanted!

I have a ryzen 2700x and some generic gskill 16 18 18 18 38 3200mhz that was cheap years ago.

So I fixed it by setting my RAM's XMP profile to load in the bios, then I set the clock speed to 1866mhz. Once its lower you can adjust memory latency far far lower which is  crucial for gaming. Then I edited the RAM timings. I went down to 9 10 10 10 21. Then I tested the secondary timings. I still have maybe 8 or 10 secondary timings I've not experimented with so far but just adjusting the timings turned my PC into a rocket. I looked for where it said latency and lowered it as much as possible or "delay" and things. But there was one maybe called TFAW or something about 4 or 5 rows down which was for the Active window you can have 4 things addressed at the same time in the same bank or something. Setting that one lowest actually slows things down horribly so you'd best set it to 30 or 20 or something instead of the minimum 10. Also important is the "command rate" set that to 1T. this makes everything twice as fast, but is often neglected due to possible instability which is very true at very high OC's like say 3200mhz.. once you go above 2133 everything is an overclock and latency timings suck hard and your PC turns into a slow sluggish turd. a stick of 3200mhz RAM has latency of 5-8 when a stick of lower speed RAM has a latency around 4 usually thats just basic truth of the world the lower MHz is twice as fast. Your CPU and GPU will still give you the same FPS but it will feel sooo much faster like double the FPS but the same numbers. And your mouse you will need to lower the DPI sensitivity. But you will also need to look for the "refresh cycles" and try changing those to something like 300, 200, 150. Just under the refresh cycles there was another latency setting so I set that low as I could get it too. Give it a try, every youtube comments that memory timings are everything for AMD CPU's. Hope it helps. You will have to reboot your computer maybe 50 times and reset bios to test out the different timings to see what boots and works with your PC for a day or so then spend another day testing for stability and stuff but its literally such a world of difference in responsiveness and speed that I just eyeballed it as benchmarking CPU or GPU would just give the exact same numbers. However general loading times and everything shortened it feels like my PC and games are 6x faster but with the exact same FPS! just mouse looking around is sooo good. Try it out and see what works best for your system and RAM. fixes up all those issues no worries. Just leave all your mainboard voltage settings to auto or whatever the XMP set it to, it should work no issues but if you do get the occasional bluescreen with memory just ever so slightly increase the voltage I guess as that's usually how you do things with RAM. But as you aren't trying to OC the MHz up you shouldn't have any problems with stability. You should find your benchmarks scoring similar or better than when you OC'd your fancy RAM up high as you could get it.

0 Likes