cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Has anyone else been experiencing erratic internet disconnections.

For the past week or 2 I have been experiencing weird random internet interruptions.

I know there is a bleep storm of international cyberwarfare going on right now.

Please do not make any comments about political issues going on in this thread that is not what I'm seeking.

Curious if anybody else is experiencing a high level of short lived internet disconnects.

All my software hardware and OS is fully up to date (WHOL and non beta drivers only)

Windows 10 Pro 64 Version 21H2.

It's really just an annoyance and seems to occur more often in evening to early morning hours.

Wait I may have just answered my own question. Most server resets/reboots/updates happen between the hours of 2 and 4am per respective time zones. 

0 Likes
2 Solutions

I would have your local Telephone company check out your line to your home.

When I start losing internet connection to my ATT Router intermittently I know either I have a bad router or a bad line.  So far I needed to have my telephone line changed 3 times in the past year due to losing my internet connection to my router several times a day. Most of the time my line was shorted out. Probably due to water shorting out the telephone cable.

If you have dial tone then, at least, your line is not 100% shorted out inside your house. Any short inside your house will be the same as if you left your telephone off the hook.

When you have interruptions to your internet, immediately look at your Router/Modem lights to see if you have Service or Ethernet or Wifi active.

On my ATT Router if my Service light goes off I loose my internet connection including my landline phone.  I did  replace my original ATT Router due to excessive internet disconnections which turned out to have gone defective since my telephone line was good and working properly.

View solution in original post

Already had the phone line checked and repaired plus rerouted (rats). Also found in my device manager that windows update pulled a sneaky.

My MOBO has 10/100 wireless plus 5G which I had disabled through device manager because I run a Gigabyte 2250 PCIEx1 WIFI Blue Tooth 5G 10/100/1000 card.

Windows had updated the onboard wireless which re enabled it.

So I went into my BIOS and disabled the MOBO built in wireless adapter.

Problem hasn't returned.

Arrrgh Windows 10 stay out of my back door! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I would have your local Telephone company check out your line to your home.

When I start losing internet connection to my ATT Router intermittently I know either I have a bad router or a bad line.  So far I needed to have my telephone line changed 3 times in the past year due to losing my internet connection to my router several times a day. Most of the time my line was shorted out. Probably due to water shorting out the telephone cable.

If you have dial tone then, at least, your line is not 100% shorted out inside your house. Any short inside your house will be the same as if you left your telephone off the hook.

When you have interruptions to your internet, immediately look at your Router/Modem lights to see if you have Service or Ethernet or Wifi active.

On my ATT Router if my Service light goes off I loose my internet connection including my landline phone.  I did  replace my original ATT Router due to excessive internet disconnections which turned out to have gone defective since my telephone line was good and working properly.

Already had the phone line checked and repaired plus rerouted (rats). Also found in my device manager that windows update pulled a sneaky.

My MOBO has 10/100 wireless plus 5G which I had disabled through device manager because I run a Gigabyte 2250 PCIEx1 WIFI Blue Tooth 5G 10/100/1000 card.

Windows had updated the onboard wireless which re enabled it.

So I went into my BIOS and disabled the MOBO built in wireless adapter.

Problem hasn't returned.

Arrrgh Windows 10 stay out of my back door! 

If you have Windows 10 Pro use Group Policy to prevent Windows Update from installing Drivers.

Good troubleshooting by the way (-:

0 Likes

Thats why I love MSI MOBOs.

Like Intel they have a lot of precise control options in the BIOS that most people only get through device manager regedit or GPE.

My X370 M7 ACK even has secure boot and TPM functionality. Weird that an older board like that has built in BIOS support for windows 11 functions.

The onboard wireless is Killer Network Adapter made by MicroSoft.  

Yes.  I just attribute it to my internet provider.  I am sure it is not my system!!!  We have had numerous problems with loss of internet since moving to southern Kansas.  But then I have had problems of one type or another everywhere I have lived.  just glad it's not dial up modems anymore.  lol