cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

paulf4
Journeyman III

Hardware access

Does AMD have any schemes (remote access, loaners ...) for FOSS developers? I'm interested in working on adding Valgrind support for recent AMD CPUs (for instance, see this item). However I don't particularly want to buy every new device - space in my home office is already at a premium.

0 Likes
3 Replies
benman2785
Big Boss

yes AMD does that kind of stuff ;)

but given the fact it a RX 6000 is worth its weight in gold you may have to wait until you get one.
a friend got an RX480 ES for his work on AMD AMFenc

@Matt_AMD can maybe help you get in touch with the right people ;)

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

It wouldn't need to be anything top of the range. It just needs to have the same ISA. At home I'm fairly space limited - one small office that I share with my wife that has 3 desks. I have 2 old HP workstations, a MacBook and my Dell work laptop when working from home. I may replace the guts of the elder workstation one day, but as long as it is still working I'm not too motivated.

Most of my work on Valgrind I do either directly on the workstations or using VirtualBox. I might also give QEMU a go, but running Valgrind inside of an emulator isn't too likely to be a happy experience.

0 Likes

See if posting your question on AMD Forum's Developer will get some response from here: https://community.amd.com/t5/newcomers-start-here/bd-p/newcomer-forum

0 Likes