cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Free2u2
Adept I

Graphics Drivers Keep Crashing When Playing Games (5700xt)

Hello,

My graphics card crashes atleast once a day while gaming, It only says my graphic drivers have crashed.

Sometimes it will just crash my game and make my screen go black and sometimes both of my screens will stay black but I can hear my games.

I have RMA'd my 5700xt and it was deemed to not have any problems. I have gone through amd support team to try everything with this.

The only real info I have is that it gave me a kernel error 14, here is the full error sheet

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffd0050e1e5010
Parameter 2: fffff8017cdae2e0
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 20dc
OS version: 10_0_19043
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 10.0.19043.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

My PC specs

GPU: 5700XT GIGABYTE

CPU: RYZEN 7 5800X (Water cooled)

RAM: TRIDENT Z RGB 3200HZ DDR4 8gig each (All 4 slots)

PSU: CORSAIR RM1000x

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS 470X PRO PRIME

I have updated my drivers fully, I have checked my ram using the command script windows checker, I RMA'D my GPU and it was deemed to have no issues, I have done a clean install of windows.

Pls help thx

0 Likes
6 Replies
Free2u2
Adept I

OH YES I FORGOT TO ADD THE MOST IMPORTANT PART,

I ran the same exact PC while my 5700xt was on RMA but instead of my 5700xt it was a amd radeon 580x running in its place and it ran beautifully with no crashes the entire month it was gone.

0 Likes

I will tell you my experience, I used nvidia graphics cards before, starting with gtx 280 (gtx 480, gtx 680, gtx 690, gtx 980 ti, gtx 1080 ti - the last one) There were no problems, that is, if the card is initially fixed (the GPU crystal itself, memory chips), then it does not matter which system starting with windows 7 - 10 the build version is not important, even if you install the latest or older drivers on a video card or other equipment, the system behaves stably always, provided that the video card is free of defects! If there are any defects like not a high-quality batch of memory chips, then the card is empty for a while, usually it's a month, maybe more, or maybe problems will start right away. Now I use rx6900xt, there are no problems yet, as I bought a video card, not at the start of sales, of course, later somewhere in half a year maybe, it still works like clockwork. To sum up: If the card is initially connected correctly (with two or three separate power cables, depending on the video card) and the video card itself is free of defects (again, they should appear during a short period of operation) it should work stably. Try disabling one of the monitors again. If, as you say, there was an rx580 before and there were no problems with it, then there is clearly a jamb in the rx5700xt video card itself (because it may be that a batch of GPU or memory chips was defective, and you were unlucky some memory chip does not behave stably when it starts to be involved) You need to test memory chips on a video card, I don't know which program can load them to the full, except for OCCT - there are a lot of tests including RAM and video memory.

0 Likes
Breanne
Journeyman III

Thanks for sharing. I found a lot of interesting information here.

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

Are you running separate power cables to each power input on your GPU?

Is your motherboards BIOS up to date?

Have you tried setting your PCIe x16 slot to GEN3 for testing purposes?

Have you tested with a different Power Supply?

Are  you running any power extension cables inside your PC?

Are you running a PCIe Riser cable to your GPU?

Do you crash with just 2 x 8GB sticks installed in slots A2/B2? (2nd and 4th slots away from CPU socket)

How is the air flow in your case? You have to keep your VRM's and Memory cool too as well as fresh air to your GPU

How are your CPU temps?

Are you able to test your GPU in another setup?

ThreeDee PC specs
Arthur22
Journeyman III

Thanks for sharing. I tracked down a great deal of fascinating data here.

I ran a similar precise PC while my 5700xt was on RMA yet rather than my 5700xt it was an AMD Radeon 580x running in its place and it ran delightfully without any accidents the whole month it was no more. Besides this, I am also a big fan of X8 speeder apk and really enjoy it.

0 Likes
WhyteM
Journeyman III

This works really well for us, thank you! Facing same issue here. Help is appreciated.

mykohlscharge

0 Likes