cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Josuke24
Adept I

Gpu Rx 6600 junction temperature Normal?

Hello, just want to ask and clarify if my temps are normal for this card. Usually when my pc is in idle my gpu current temp is almost always around 40 deg and the junction temp is almost the same around 40 deg. But when I play games at high graphics or whenever the gpu is at max load the gpu current temps just goes around 55 - 67 deg only while the junction temps go around 80 - 102 deg max. Is this normal? I noticed this first time when I accidentally enabled junction temps in overlay of adrenaline and somehow shock with it. My pc doesn't crash or my gpu doesn't make any weird noise just the temps. Btw I have a xfx swift 210 rx 6600.

0 Likes
1 Reply
AMD_cire
Challenger

Mine is MSI 6600XT.

That is default I think, I also get that. What we need to see if junction temp.

The problem for me is I dont like the hissing of my fan because high temp means high rpm fan.

To solve this, I undervolt the GPU so the junction temp cannot get over 75 celcius and only use 50-60% of full speed RPM. This is depends on you, I am OK play games around 60-80fps. Undervolt makes you cannot maximize what your GPU capable of. ( I even play competitive games and limit it to 60fps).

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes