cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

ykhan2019
Journeyman III

getting an error "Unsupported Processor" when installing windows 10

I've recently bought a new PC. I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and was planning to get a B550 motherboard but the store only has B450M-Pro II available so I didn't really have a choice.

After I assembled the PC, I've plugged in my bootable USB drive to start installing Windows 10; I got the error "Unsupported Processor" BSoD error right after Windows pops up for the initial installation. I thought that it might just need a BIOS update.

• I've updated the BIOS to the latest version but still got the same error and thought, that's strange, the website indicates that the motherboard does support the CPU and I have already updated the BIOS to the latest version.

• I've tried reinstalling the bootable drive using media creation tool and creating bootable USB using rufus but still got the same error. Website

• I've already tried resetting the BIOS to it's default settings, reseated the CMOS battery,

• swapped the RAM slots,

• tried installing Windows 11 but I still keep getting the same error.

• tried installing using just 1 ram stick still the same error.

I've ran out of ideas already and I don't know what to do anymore.

*UPDATE: I was able to successfully install Linux Mint without any issues. Do I need to change something from the BIOS settings for me to install Windows OS?

*I've also tried changing some BIOS settings like changing the TPM versions and still got the same error.

• also tried using a different USB drive for the installer but still the same issue

Below are the specs of my PC:

• CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
  • GPU: gtx 1650 super
  • Mobo: B450M-PRO II
  • RAM: 2x 8GB 2666 MHz
  • Storage: M.2 240GB transcend
  • PSU: 600 W
0 Likes
0 Replies