cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Pyreth
Journeyman III

Game Menus randomly freeze but don't crash - Ryzen 5900x - RX 6900 xt - Win10

I haven't been able to find a specific trigger nor anyone else experiencing it despite my google fu. I believe it's caused by something non default setting in my Adrenalin settings though that seems odd and unlikely.

Randomly in most game, Tarkov, Wow, Gray Zone, Elden Ring, Armored Core, Helldivers 2, and more when I open a menu, usually once in game itself, after a few moments of interacting with the menu elements, clicking inventories, moving stuff around, or changing settings in options, the screen will freeze completely. There is no crash or error, I can hit the windows key or alt+tab out of the game and come back in and continue where I left off.

I am at a loss at the moment with what could cause this, my only custom settings in the Adrenalin panel are an FPS cap, image sharpening, enhanced sync, and I believe the rest is default. I don't use game specific settings so these apply to everything. Oh and I do have every overlay imaginable disabled, that's a personal thing where I turn off all overlays, steam, discord, adrenalin itself, etc.

Appreciate any insight.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pyreth
Journeyman III

After significant digging around I found what appears to be a similar thread here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/game-freezes-on-a-single-frame-until-alt-tabbing-out-and-bac...
The issue seems to be using the enhanced sync option in the Adrenalin panel, if you disable this it seems to stop the issue. Make sure to disable it in game specific and global settings. The other settings don't seem to induce this so far. I have stopped having the issue since disabling this setting, however this seems more of a software bug than an intended consequence.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Jsimpson
Adept I

I'm having exactly the same issue. I tried multiple driver versions but the problem persists.

0 Likes
Pyreth
Journeyman III

After significant digging around I found what appears to be a similar thread here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/game-freezes-on-a-single-frame-until-alt-tabbing-out-and-bac...
The issue seems to be using the enhanced sync option in the Adrenalin panel, if you disable this it seems to stop the issue. Make sure to disable it in game specific and global settings. The other settings don't seem to induce this so far. I have stopped having the issue since disabling this setting, however this seems more of a software bug than an intended consequence.

0 Likes
Jsimpson
Adept I

I tried turning off Enhanced Sync already and although it seems less frequent, the issue persists for me

0 Likes