Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

denza
Adept I

Game crashing with amd rig

Help with game crashing

Specs: ryzen 7 7800x3d Motherboard: AsRock B650m pg lighting Ram: Gskill trident z 32gb ddr5 clocked to 5600mhz Gpu: rx 7900xtx saphire Psu: nzxt 850w gold I have the problem that every game i try to play just crashes, it worked normaly 1 week after i got the new gpu, i reinstalled windows, installed all the drivers, and now my games keep crashing i literally tried everything i could find on the youtube, i just dont know what to do anymore… any advices?

7 Replies
FunkZ
Forerunner

If everything worked normal for a week, and the issue began only after reinstalling the OS, that would point to a software or configuration problem rather than being hardware related.

How long are you in the games before they crash, and does it crash back to desktop or restart the PC? Is either the CPU or GPU overheating? Any software that controls fan curves, such as motherboard utilities, that may have been missed when Windows was reinstalled?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

U got me wrong, games were crashing on Win 10, and after that i reinstalled Win and switched to Win 11, i thought it will fix the issue.. nothing is overheating everything is working fine just, when my game crashes it sends me to desktop.. computer doesnt restart or shut after crash, it just sends me to the desktop after crash.. and it happens only when playing games, pubg, cod warzone, assasins creed… it doesnt have like exactly the time when it crashes, sometimes i play for 3 hours without crash, sometimes when i turn on pc enter the game it crashes after just 5 mins of playing

0 Likes

How long are you in the games before they crash? Is the behavior consistent every time? Any error messages on screen or in Windows Event Viewer after a crash?

0 Likes

As i said, sometimes i play for 3 hours without crash, sometimes i enter the game play it for 5 minutes and it crashes, its not consistent… no errors found when i cheked windows event viewer, i get nothing on my screen, pubg just says unknown crash, cod warzone says the same, assasins dont say anything, it just sends me to desktop and thats it

0 Likes

Also i run stress tests and it works fine, temps and everything, no crashes, its only happening in games

0 Likes

Tried disabling EXPO and run memory at default?

0 Likes
Awol
Challenger

What errors are you seeing in Event Viewer

X570 Aorus Elite / Ryzen 9 5900X / Sapphire Nitro+ RX6900 XT SE / 64GB Quad Kit Kingston Fury Black 3600MHZ CL16 / RM1000 X PSU

0 Likes