cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

G2 - 3080 or 6800xt??

Hey everyone! I Have a 2080 super & Ryzen 3600 and I’m looking for an upgrade. I came across some good deals on a 3080 & and 6800xt but can’t decide which would be better. I can  get the 3080 for $50 less which is great, but  I though maybe pairing the 6800xt w/ my Ryzen proc would be better. I’m curious to know your experiences with these cards! Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Entirely depends on what you're using the card for. If you're going to be using raytracing or playing at 4K, I think the 3080 would be better suited for your needs. If you're playing at 1440p or lower (Or even 4K) But don't care about raytracing, the 6800 XT is the way to go. I personally have the 6800 XT and love the card to death. Plays everything I throw at it without problems and might have a little longer legs with the 16GB of VRAM. But again, totally depends on what you're using the card for. So with FSR 2.0, you might can manage a better experience with Raytracing on the 6800 XT than currently. But we gotta see more games with it. With that said, good luck with whatever you decide to grab.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

if we're talking about a regular 3080 and not the ti variant then, yeah, get the 6800 xt, like the last commentor i too recently got a 6800 xt (msi gaming trio $350 on facebook marketplace) and it is quite a beast it runs everything i throw at it on ultra(1920*1080) while pushing desktops out to 3 other monitors, been looking for 3 of those curved 144hz gaming montiors that were all the rage last year or so to try out "Eyefinity(tm)", i wear thick glasses and can barely see already so i can't speak to raytracing performance or anything cause i really havent seen anything outside of demos that utilizes it in a meaningful "ive got to have that" way yet.

////current-rig:asusx570/5900x/msi6800xt////////
topworker
Journeyman III

3080 better!! The driver does not support G2. Adaptation is very troublesome.

0 Likes