cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Aesah
Journeyman III

Fullscreen games flicker black, possible warranty for 2022 AMD graphics card?

Hello!

I am not very computer savvy so bear with me please!

I purchased a computer from Best Buy in 2022 with an AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT made by ASRock. I have an issue where in fullscreen (or borderless fullscreen) games, after running for awhile the screen will start to repeatedly flicker black for a few seconds, then normal for a few seconds, and repeat. I attached a video to show an example of the issue, and also show the video card as well.

I have used Google search and read multiple threads on the amd forum and tried many of the suggestions from top results. These suggestions include updating my drivers, making sure minimal processes are running in the background, physically cleaning dust out of my computer, disabling Multi-Plane Overlay (MPO), disabling Ultra Low Power State (ULPS), etc. However, the issue is still occurring and from talking to several tech experts I believe it could be solved with a new graphics card. I saw that these are under warranty for 3 years, so I am wondering if I would qualify (I have the receipt from when I purchased the computer in 2022).

If anyone could point me in the right direction of what my next steps should be, that would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for reading!
-Don

0 Likes
1 Reply

If it is a prebuilt computer from bestbuy, you would need to contact them about warranty on individual components.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes