cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

RoyalTrikstar
Journeyman III

Frequent Borderless Window Crashing

Hello, I have been using AMD for about two to three years now. I have continued to struggle with crashing, primarily while using borderless windows. It works most of the time in fullscreen, but alt tabbing is inconvenient and some games do not support full screen. I do not know if it is a hardware or software problem but over the past two years I have tried every solution I could find from updating to redownloading. If anyone knows what the problem is, it would be so amazing if I could get this fixed.

Thank you

GPU:AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor

Software: Driver Version
22.20.19.16-221003a-384125E-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition

0 Likes
3 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I had a similar system with that same card and I did not have any issues except Assassins Creed Valhalla crashed at a specific point.

To better assist you in fixing this I will need to know how much RAM at what speed in mhz, what motherboard you have, what power supply you have, as well as storage capacity and type HDD or SSD. 

Also note this is a community forum so if we cannot find a solution for you it may help to email AMD support about the issue.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
Jameswalter
Adept I

Similar issues here. Sometimes it launches just fine on fullscreen, sometimes it doesn't, but even if it does switching to windowed borderless crashes my game. When rebooting the game the settings remain in fullscreen and I still have issues with booting. Alt tabbing also crashes the game. I try running it on a fresh boot, ending pretty much all other tasks, checking fire wall, but I have yet to find a solution

Regards,
Jimmy

0 Likes
coltos
Journeyman III

Hey, I have the same issue when using borderless windows for the games I play (i.e. Cyberpunk, WoW, etc). I usually tab forth and back between applications, read something online, watch a video on youtube, etc, while a game is waiting in the background in borderless window mode. And sometimes the screen just goes black after a while. To me, the GPU driver seems to be the culprit as it recovers after some time from the black screen. At this point, everything works fine, except for the game as its render crashed. I have not experienced the same with fullscreen, there were no issues whatsoever, but alttabbing takes a bit more time and resizes some windows (i.e. excel), and that creates inconveniences so I would rather stick to borderless windows.

Some system specs: MSI B550 Tomahawk, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB 3000mhz, PowerColor Red Dragon 6800 XT, Corsair TX850M, Win 10 Pro. Naturally, every software is up-to-date.

0 Likes