cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

theschles
Journeyman III

FoldingAtHome in need of C++ programmer with MacOS experience for COVID-19 therapy search

PSA: Covid-19 – Folding@home  -- currently analyzing COVID-19 for therapies / cures -- is in real need of "a C++ programmer with extensive MacOS expertise that could help us craft the build automation necessary to automate MacOS core building with virtual machine images."
---
---
PLEASE reply to the following thread if you can help: Future of osx GPU support · Issue #2489 · openmm/openmm · GitHub 

---
---
I am running the F@H client on my personal Macbook Pro and its built-in Radeon Pro 560 is sitting IDLE because F@H's client doesn't know how to take advantage of a Mac-based GPU...and thus my computer is turning around distributed work units via CPU -- a heck of a lot slower than it could be if F@H could take advantage of the built-in GPU. I'm sure I'm not alone in this either.

Please share/forward this message to anyone who could help or might know someone who could help. This is definitely going to be an exercise in telephone / networking.

3 Replies

Sorry but this is over my head but I do know there are forums for Mac Developers.

This might be a great place to look for help if you have not: Developer Forums - Apple Developer   

Github might be another great place to ask: Home - GitHub Community Forum 

Good Luck!

0 Likes

first off Apple does not use standard C++, they use a version called objective C which is built more around the needs of the apple ecosystem

I have a MacBook for development using xcode which is the development package for Apple MacBook, iPad, iPhone and even watch apps are all made it it.

0 Likes