cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

sciguy14
Adept I

FedEx Purgatory in OSSEO, MN

I ordered a CPU from the AMD website 9 days ago, and it's still sitting at the FEDEX warehouse in Osseo, MN, according to the FEDEX tracking website. I would be understanding of weather delays,  but this warehouse, in particular, is notorious for for being a wreck: https://www.reddit.com/r/FedEx/comments/jcz3z9/whats_up_with_the_osseo_mn_warehouse/. It would be nice if they at least gave an update like "stuck due to weather". Instead, it has just said "Pending" for the last week.

Has anybody else had an AMD item stuck in Osseo for over a week?

15 Replies
Trent_L
Journeyman III

Same here, my 5800x has been stuck in Osseo for the last 10 days...

0 Likes

Sorry to hear that your CPU is stuck too! At least it's nice to know that I'm not alone ... makes me more hopeful that it's not a one-off issue, and that a lot of shipments are all backlogged there, waiting to eventually ship out.

Amanda73
Journeyman III

Yes!  Mine has been stuck there as well.  It was shipped on 2/12/2021 and has been sitting there since 2/15/2021.  No updates, no recent scans to show that they are still aware of the package and still pending a delivery date.  Super frustrating.

0 Likes

Mine just arrived. There was no departure scan from Fedex in OSSEO. So hold out hope! I guess they are working through a 2 week backlog at FedEx.

On a related note - who designed the AMD retail packaging? It's absurd that they made a box that is 95% empty space, with the CPU smushed directly against a side wall instead of cushioned in the middle of the box using all of that available space.

0 Likes
Trent_L
Journeyman III

I just got mine today! There was no departure update from Osseo, just a scan that said it was now out for delivery.

0 Likes

I managed to order an RX 6800 from AMD, and now it is also sitting in Osseo at the FedEx Facility! I wish they offered UPS as a shipping option.

Same here, shipped a few days ago, hit Osseo and now I am in purgatory. Called FedEx and it is 'Missing' so they are running a trace... Awesome...

0 Likes

Ordered a 6700xt last week and its been stuck in OSSEO too, hopefully I see some updates.

0 Likes

Osseo doesn't do outdoing scans, and seems to have a backlog. After 9 days, my order updated on the FedEx website to say it was out for delivery in my city.

harley
Adept I

My 6700 XT shipped from there. Was supposed to arrive on 4/28. Got an update at 11:40PM it arrived in Oregon after sitting around all day so I could sign for the package. Crossing my fingers it shows up today.

0 Likes

Have had my 6800 in Osseo for 8 days, no updates. Just hope it comes eventually 

0 Likes
Cyrus232
Journeyman III

Just found this thread after still not receiving my 6800 for 9 days with no scans after Osseo. Hope it comes... do I contact AMD if it doesn’t? I called Fedex but they haven’t updated me at all since starting an investigation 

0 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I hope y'all received your CPU/GPU in good shape and easily at your home.

I am waiting for my package, and it is still in OSSEO after 48 hours. I wasn't sure if it was normal, but after reading your comments (no scan, long wait, delay in tracking updates), now I am worried.

It's a bit scary because I want to make sure to be home when it will be out for delivery:  it is an expensive item and I don't want it to be left in the curbside or stolen -> fedex delivery staff always leave the package in the street, they do that with the majority of the building's packages...

0 Likes

I think your take-away from this post should be that you _shouldn't_ be worried. I've had both of my AMD packages sit in this fedex facility for over a week, but they did eventually leave and get delivered to me. As others have mentioned, the Fedex tracking did update the morning of delivery to indicate that the package had made it to my city and was going to be delivered that day.

I know its stressful to see it just sit there "pending" but it unfortunately seems that you just have to wait for at least a week.

Thanks a lot! It's reassuring.

Patience then!

0 Likes