cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

me262schwalbe1
Adept III

Drivers possible issue to game performance

I just got my laptop back two days ago from rma.
Before I was able to run ryse son of rome I had 40 plus fps on high settings and never had the frames drop to 18-27 fps like it is now.

I must be missing something here.
I know it is not my machine,because the parts are brand new.
I tested Rome II and Attila and it ran fine.
Then I tested Resident evil 3 and Doom Eternal and they ran fine.

I also,noticed that re3 had cutscenes audio were out of sync when they were talking thier lips did not match with their words.

I know it is not the other games or hardware of my machine.
It must be either obs settings or some steam settings or radeon drivers...
But I cant seem to figure it out yet.

I need help narrowing it down.
Any help identifying the reason for the frame drops and audio sync problems with cutscenes would be appreciated.

Windows 10 64bit
Ryzen 7 1700
Rx 580 4gb gram
32gb of ram
Radeon 20.7.1
Bios version 306
GL702ZC-WB74 Model Asus

P.s.I updated all the windows updates and drivers I could find for my model.

I am not asking for driver help,but rather support for next Radeon driver to be patch fix for my Model and Graphics Card Series.

Rx500 series .

I want to know if there is going to be a new driver that could fix and balance out issues with older games and newer games.

Ryse son of Rome,Resident Evil 3,

Doom,Rise and Shadow of the tomb raider,

Resident evil 2,Resident Evil Operation Racoon City,Rome II total war and Attila total war.

All DX 12 related games and DX 11 games support fix

In the next upcoming Radeon driver for Rx500 series Graphics.

0 Likes
60 Replies

Here is a Csv file of my recordings of Attila Total war using the quality graphics and recording with obs.

0 Likes

I tried the 19.12.1 first and that was a no go.this time I just did the stock 17.7 and then 19.12.1 and it works fine.In safe mode.

0 Likes

here is another file for Resident Evil 2 remake...again game plays fine somewhat but fps dropping from 60 with vsync down to 40ish to 30ish during game play and cutscenes...strange.....

and audio sync being out of order...

0 Likes

I tried the device manager option and it would only install the old stock variant.SO,I went ahead and installed the new one with factory reset unchecked.

0 Likes

the performance is the same with the newer drivers fps hovers and hangs around 40-49 fps and 32-39 ish the newer drivers are not well optimized and the AMD freesync button is greyed out....not working, it's like the driver is telling the display to refresh rate with freesync and moniter is like huh?
ok...
and the game fps is staying below 50 most of the time....
0 Likes

check on the discussion forum on steam and see if anyone there can help with the game

0 Likes

already have......

0 Likes

me262schwalbe1 wrote:

already have......

reason I mention it as the developers tend to follow the steam community more than forums 

0 Likes

I'm tired of writing about it....they dont listen.

0 Likes

How much CPU use are you seeing for Adrenalin 2020 drivers?
I noticed Adrenalin 2020 taking between ~6-14% CPU use.

0 Likes

I have'nt tested any 2020 drivers as since I have no confirmation of Support for my model line and optimization....

I am still using my 19.12.1 and doing the old games.....sad isn't it?

I am still trying to get their attention and do something.

I wrote asus and amd and I will hear something of further optimization and support soon.....after all,I spent over 2300 on it in 2 years....they better still be supporting it.

0 Likes

Idk,I cant really tell,with cpuz and g and hwinfo apps,not sure...I do have the msi aferburner setup to tell me fps temp,cpu and stuff..etc...

0 Likes

the games I like to play Ryse Son of Rome,Resident evil operation racoon city,Attila Total War,RE 2 remake and RE3 and Doom,....

un-optimization is the reason why performance is a loss.....

0 Likes

I am not sure I can help you out.

Sounds like ASUS sent you back a broken machine and did not fix the laptop.

That would not surprise me at all.

0 Likes

No,it works.

I'm sure it all comes down to optimization of drivers and api instructions that help the system benefit in having good performance.

I believe the 2020 edition is the lack thereof for my model line.

I havent checked the latest drivers yet ,I'm not about to try it if I have to uninstall it again and go the the reinstall process if it hasnt been fixed.

I read the release notes on the 20.8.2 and did not see any mention of fixing performance gains or freesync issues with rx500 series.

0 Likes

If you already have Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 installed, then download and start the 20.8.2 installer, wait until it unpacks all the installation files and then cancel the install. 
Then try Windows Device Manager to update the drivers to 20.8.2.
Select
Just point to C:\AMD\Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-20.8.2-Aug17\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF
pastedImage_2.png

I am just curious,I have been looking online for information about the watt usage of my model.

I see that it uses 330watts for the brick,but I wanted to throw this out there as a question about how much of that 330 watts is the cpu and gpu and board really using?

0 Likes

ok,now I want to ask if you have the same model as me?if you do then I take your word for it.but,do you know sure that way of selecting the driver will actually work and get freesync to function?

0 Likes

I followed the steps,now I reboot and see of it is fixed.

0 Likes

radeon 20.8.2 image 1.PNG

radeon 20.8.2 image 2.PNG

20.8.2 image 3.PNG

Hmmmmmm........

0 Likes
me262schwalbe1
Adept III

Confirmed,radeon 19.12.1 works.