Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re: Drivers possible issue to game performance

me262schwalbe1 wrote:

did I mention I have the desktop Ryzen 7 1700 in the Desktop Replacement laptop?

well,I get what you mean,however I was able to enjoy it for most everything until they made the game codes/engine harder by uping the requirements...

I don't like how company's up the requirement of games and then ,it forces people to go buy something new....

creep in game system requirements is slow and may not be noticable. With the new consoles the next generation games will be more demanding.

I have an R5 3600 CPU and 32GB of memory but I am not sure how viable my RTX 2080 will be looking forwards.

Next year in 2H2021 the first of the DDR5 motherboards will probably come to market. So a new forklift upgrade cycle will start over again.

0 Likes
me262schwalbe1
Adept III

The New Radeon 2020 edition drivers do not support my models AMD Freesync Moniter.

freesync support gl702zc.PNG

I installed my stock drivers using express install,in order.And then I installed the latest radeon 20.4.2 without checking factory reset....

and it still does'nt allow me to select freesync...it is greyed out.

freesync panel greyed out.PNG

0 Likes
me262schwalbe1
Adept III

radeon 19.11.3.PNG

A short term fix,but for how long....

Radeon 19.11.3

was november 18th 2019 right before 19.12.1

0 Likes
me262schwalbe1
Adept III

I used DDU and restarted.Then I used the stock driver and restarted.then I used the 2nd stock driver and restarted.

then I used the new radeon 20.7.2 driver and restarted...

I did this offline.

I made sure I had my drivers before I did it offline.

I cannot figure out which Radeon Driver will support my laptops Features of Freesync????????

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

laptop machines tend to use low cost TB panels and offer few if any features

expensive machines like Apple are different

0 Likes
me262schwalbe1
Adept III

19.12.1 works with freesync for now.

radeon 19.12.1 works freesync.PNG

Make sure all windows 10 updates are installed first,then use DDU to wipe everything.

then choose to pause windows 10 updates to longest time possible.

there is a problem with Microsoft AMD drivers that want to auto-update everytime and affect the features of freesync for this model.

I installed the two stock drivers in order and restarted ,then the june 6 2020 chipset driver for my specfic system.

then 19.12.1 since,I looked up dates of when the last 2019 driver was used before 2020 edition came.

19.12.2 and 3 I havent tested yet...but I will eventually.

The 19.12.2 and 3 are the 2020 edition.

right now I am waiting on amd to give a answer and response for support.

Im tired of the last 5 days of wasting my time trying to get the right drivers to work proplerly....

0 Likes
me262schwalbe1
Adept III

it doesnt seem to be working,when I play ryse son of rome the fps is all over the place and the performance is not good the gameplay doesnt look smooth.

I give up.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

You should disconnect from the internet completely from before you run DDU until after you finish installing the AMD 19.12.1 driver.
Otherwise you might get What windows thinks is the correct driver installed first, followed by your install of Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1

There is an option in DDU to prevent download of Windows Drivers but it confilcts with operation of Adrenalin 2020 installer.

So just disconnect from the internet completely during the install process.

Now that you have Adrenalin 19.12.1 installed you should be able to use Windows 10 driver update and point it to:

C:\AMD\Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-20.7.2-July14\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF

That should give you Adrenalin 19.12.1 GUI/UI + 20.7.2 drivers.

Believe me it is the best of a bad bunch.

0 Likes
me262schwalbe1
Adept III

I have made sure microsoft updates were done first.

I paused the windows 10 updates.

Microsoft supplied AMD old Display and Media drivers were affecting Freesync function features.
Then I,
1:Used DDU and restarted
2:Installed asus stock radeon 17.6 first and then 17.7 
Restarted each time.
3:Installed radeon 18.2.1 and then 19.6.3
And tested freesync,it was on and working.
I'm going to test 19.12.1 today ,it also showed the freesync being on,but did'nt test it.
4: start of 19.12.2 and onwards 2020 edition does not allow amd freesync display button 
To turn on,it is greyed out.They broke the Freesync feature with my model....
Same for 20.4.1 and 20.7.1 and 20.7.2
P.S. make sure you install the supported chipset driver dated june 6th 2020 under AM4 on amd download drivers.
0 Likes
me262schwalbe1
Adept III

Confirmed,radeon 19.12.1 works.