cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Bapaoi
Journeyman III

Display randomly turns off, but pc stays on

So I recently build a new pc. I installed windows 11 on it, but for some reason something strange is happening. When turned on, after a few minutes, the displays goes black, it loses connection, and it doesn't go on anymore. My pc on the other hand stays on, but it can't be turned off by the power button anymore. All the cables are well fitted, and the temperatures are good.

So I have tried a few different things:
-I have reassembled everything to make sure everything is slotted well
-removed the gpu, and used pc with motherboard only. Problem remains.
-uninstalled fans to see if it was a power issue. Problem remains
-reset windows through windows itself, the full reset option, problem remains

-reset to windows 10 by usb, problem remains.

Here is the interesting part, so far on safe mode, with or without gpu the problem doesn't happen.

Also I have ordered a new, 850w psu just in case. Tested it, same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem? It's so anticlimactic to finally saved up to build a pc to see it not working properly haha.

Much thanks

Specs:
GPU: XFX Radeon RX 6750 XT.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600x.
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650M.
SSD: wd_black sn770 1TB.
RAM: 2x Kingston 8gb DDR5 Fury Beast.
PSU: MWE 750 GOLD.

2 Replies
Phelsyy
Journeyman III

i have the same problem

0 Likes
Belmont81
Adept I

I'm also going through this problem.  It's been occurring for about a month now.  I also did everything you did and pretty much re installed all the components. I built the PC about a year ago and never had any problems until this started occurring.  Screen will go black and PC will restart,  but won't post.  Case power buttons will no longer work and I'll have to do a hard shut down.  When restarted board will only show code 00. Removed all sticks of ram except for 1 and problems still exist.  Tried every single ram stick and problem is still there.  I tried a different psu and different gpu and problem is still there.  Flashed bios using q flash plus and magically I was able to get it to post.  Reinstalled windows and everything seemed fine for a couple days.  Then the problem occurred again.  So I tried to flash the bios again but now it won't post.  Nothing is consistent.  This just chaps my ass. If anyone has a remedy for this please let us know.  Thanks

X570s Aorus Master

5900X cpu

iCue H150i elite Capellix aio

64gigs Corsair Vengeance 

Zotac RTX 3060 twin gpu

2 TB Samsung 990 ssd

0 Likes