Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Fabricio_Martins
Journeyman III

Disable the SSD m.2

Hi, I'm new here and I want help.

Last week I bought a B550-f gaming motherboard (wi-fi) and installed a m.2 ssd and sata SSD on this motherboard. I installed a windows 10 on each SSD. My question is: can I disable ssd m.2 directly in the BIOS?
Thanks for the attention

0 Likes
2 Replies

I would just install the M.2 PCIe SSD in the first M.2 slot and use that as my Windows drive.

If you install the second SATA SSD in M.2 it will disable two of your Motherboard SATA Ports 5 & 6.

Screenshot 2021-02-26 095008.png

So if you just need 4 SATA Ports on your motherboard then you can populate both M.2 slots. The second slot you can use as a spare SSD (Delete Windows from that drive) for Data and games and video so that you won't use up so much space on the Windows SSD.

You can probably disable the second M.2 slot in BIOS. Unfortunately  your Manual doesn't have a detail BIOS section that explains all the BIOS settings on your Motherboard. So I am just guessing. You would need to enter BIOS and see if there is any settings to disable the M.2 slots on the motherboard.

0 Likes

In bios advanced settings, you should have Boot (header), boot options (numbered or drop down list) where you have change boot order/disable options.

I don't have asus board, may be better if you post on https://rog.asus.com/forum/forum.php#

Someone there can probably walk you through it(or point you to a pictorial/video tutorial).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes