cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

rickellis
Journeyman III

Different resolution changed after power outage on dual monitors

After apparent shut down due to possibly the electricity going out. On a Windows 10 PC The Radeon RX 560 with dual monitor setup with 32"  BenQ BL 3200 matching monitors the screen resolutions changed. They were both set at 2560 x 1440. After booting up one remained at 2560 x 1440 but the other had a maximum of 1920 x 1080. After several several reboots of the monitors and the computer the problem remained.

I have tried deleting the old drivers rebooting and reinstalling the old drivers. I removed the drivers again installed new updated drivers and rebooted. I switched from the HDMI port to the DP Port with a VGA adapter, using different DVI cables.

The strange thing that is once I change from extended view 2 duplicate displays they both display the 2560 x 1440 resolution. But when I change back to the extended display it goes back to one having 2560 x 1440 and the other having 1920 x 1080.

Nothing seems to fix the problem. Does anybody have and idea on how to re-establish both monitors to 2560 x 1440 resolution?

0 Likes
0 Replies