cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Despite All The Efforts, AMD Radeon GPU Drivers Reportedly Still A Mess – Black Screens, Stuttering, Flickering, Inconsistent Clocks & More Issues (WCCFTech)

I'm honestly surprised there's not a class action lawsuit...Microsoft is fed up with garbage updates, so they put someone new in charge, it's long past time Lisa Su clean house and get a whole new crew in.

An extension of

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2020/01/31/continuing-our-focus-on-delivering-the-be... 

https://www.wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-gpu-drivers-are-a-mess-black-screen-stuttering-flickering-issues/

2 Replies

I understand the frustration. What I find interesting though are the people that are willing to lower voltages and clocks just to get stable. To me that means the card does not work as specified and or at defaults which is unacceptable. 

I was recently accused of bashing AMD which I certainly don't feel I ever do. Sorry the truth isn't bashing. Another thread I was reading was the defenders that always insist the grass isn't greener on the green team. That they have just as many issues. I was just looking just now at the AMD Radeon Reddit feed and it is one complaint after another, page after page. The green teams reddit feed however is almost no issues with hardware or driver issues. Mostly configuration advice and what card to buy, game settings etc...  I had to go back many pages of posts and 8 days to find one person asking about coil whine on their card. I just think it is a pretty stark comparison looking at forums and reddit for the 2 competitors. 

I am astonished there has not been personnel changes at AMD too. Only weather people are typically allowed to screw up this much. LOL

0 Likes

I can't think of a time when nVidia had a large scale problem for months on end. Sure they've had their issues, early run 2080 Ti cards were effectively recalled after nVidia reported they shipped the wrong parts to partners, and they've had a couple of duff driver packages which were fixed quickly, but major driver problems for months on end is not something I can think of. I can also think of cards which exploded (EVGA's 1080), but as far as a sweeping design failure (ASUS's Strix 5700 series) or likely soon to be widespread card failures (flashed RX 5600 series), that's not something I can think of either on nVidia's camp. Something else I can't think of with nVidia is the phrase "If the drivers do not specifically state a problem you are having is resolved, don't update them", which sadly has been the huge unwritten asterisk on AMD drivers since...2004 at least, and that's a major problem if AMD has silently been fixing security issues for all these years, at which point it becomes downright dangerous to consider AMD cards if security is your concern.