cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Andrew1982
Journeyman III

Custom Resolution Tearing and Glitching.

Hey everyone. I am new to AMD I have been using a NVIDA gpu for ever. I loved loved loved nvida control panel. So easy to use so straight forward so simple. It just worked 100% of the time. There for I have been playing stretched resolution on every game since as long as I can remember because of how easy and simple it was to set up. I used custom set resolutions such as 1600x 1080 for rust 1440x 1080 for csgo exc… I tried everything to make it work with AMD adrenaline I set the custom resolution on the software then set it in windows then in my game and I keep having this unplayable “tearing” on the right side of my screen. I will insert a video clip on the bottom of this. I don’t know if I’m just missing a simple setting or option when setting the resolution there’s so many things to change. Please if anyone knows I’m on the verge of just returning my AMD gpu and getting a 3060Ti which I don’t want to do. Thanks. 

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

1 Reply
lawyersonia
Journeyman III

There are two leading causes for screen tearing effects: configuration issues between the graphics processor unit (GPU) generating images and the monitor that displays them. A disparity between the frame rate of computer-generated images and the monitor's refresh rate that displays those images can be one cause.

0 Likes