cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

pstjohn
Journeyman III

AMD setting not preserved after running sysprep

We deploy Windows 10 LTSC based systems with an AMD E9175 embedded graphics card.  After generalizing an image using sysprep the AMD settings made in Audit mode are lost.  Currently we are redoing the AMD settings as part of the manufacturing process but it is desirable to remove the manual step.

Anyone else experienced this issue and, even better, have a resolution?

Cheers,

Paul.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Are you using audit mode? (Ctrl+Shift+F3 at initial OOBE) If not, that's all you have to do to make easy work out of template building.

If you're going through the OOBE to create a local admin account prior to setting up your template, that kicks off AppX package provisioning for in-box Windows apps. These packages are what typically make sysprep trip. (You'll see sysprep error logs referencing their package names and the fact that they are not "installed for all users") This action does not happen under the built-in administrator account, which is what audit mode uses.

If you do install other 3rd party software that includes an AppX package (e.g., Adobe XD included with Adobe Creative Cloud) these can make sysprep stop for the same reason. Simply remove them with Remove-AppxPackage in PowerShell and sysprep will carry on.

0 Likes

Thanks for the response.  Yes, we enter audit mode using Ctrl+Shift+F3 on the initial OOBE screen.  While in audit mode we (meaning me...) make a number of changes to various settings (GPO to control updates, services to address some video and startup performance issues, branding, etc.) and we do install some 3rd party software (Adobe X, Google Chrome and AMD Radeon s/w).  Although the Adobe X is going by the wayside and is not part of our next deployment image I'm currently working on.

I have created an unattend file that is used to setup locale, default user and the like.  I have a Powershell script to (redo) some of the changes lost in generalization and then a set of manual steps for remaining items (like reapplying the AMD driver settings).  I did a diff of the registry before and after making the AMD settings changes, thinking I might just automate the process in my Powershell script, but the diff looked more involved than I expected (it was not a clear: "Here's the obvious AMD setting changes").

After some additional research I'm suspecting that many of the changes (perhaps including the AMD settings) may be able to be retained by setting up a default user and using CopyProfile as part of the unattend script... but at this point I suppose I'm outside the scope of this forum.  Have you setup AMD settings in audit mode and had them preserved after sysprep with the generalize option?  If so, what was your process?

0 Likes
PCBrosLLC
Journeyman III

Hey, I know this topic is a bit old but our company started using sysprep recently and are running into the issue with Adrenalin not working after reboot and all our AMD GPU drivers are reverting to Windows basic.

Were you ever able to figure this out?

0 Likes