cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

1ta
Journeyman III

CPU WITH 256GB+ RAM LIMIT,NEW,LESS THAN $1000,X86. I WANT TO BELIEVE.

CPU WITH 256GB+ RAM LIMIT,NEW,LESS THAN $1000,X86.

I WANT TO BELIEVE. 

CPU%20WITH%20256GB%2B%20RAM%20LIMIT%2CNEW%2CLESS%20THAN%20%241000%2CX86.%20I%20WANT%20TO%20BELIEVE

CPU WITH 256GB+ RAM LIMIT,NEW,LESS THAN $1000,X86.

I WANT TO BELIEVE. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
1ta
Journeyman III

Also, if anyone knows how to insert an image with code-only, without having to use the "Insert Photos" thing, or how to view the message being edited in plain-text, instead of the text and graphics hybrid, as I'm having trouble finding it, that would be cool too. 

Also, I know Intel and AMD have HEDT CPU's that go to 256GB with their Core Extreme and Ryzen ThreadRipper HEDT CPU's, but Intel seems to have dropped out of it, and even old ThreadRipper was prohibitively expensive, and new ThreadRipper is apparently getting more and more prohibitively expensive. 

I don't mind if Intel Xeon and AMD Epyc have a RAM limit of 4TB, 8TB, 16TB, 32TB, 64TB+, or whatever. 

I would just like to see RAM limits advance faster. 

I am especially disappointed that the Intel Core i9-12900K, with the introduction of DDR5, still has a 128GB RAM limit, even though there were rumors of a 256GB RAM limit. I am disappointed. To be honest. 

So, it would be nice if Intel or AMD would move the RAM limit to over 256GB+ for their more main-stream CPU's. 

I mean, these CPU's are $700+, I don't think it's that much to ask for. 

Hopefully we'll see the RAM limit advance. 

Anyway, I hope this helps. 

Take care. 

0 Likes