cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

duke123
Journeyman III

CPU compatibility problem

My motherboard is Microstar B450I GAMING PLUS AC, updated the latest BIOS, but my 3600X memory can not be dual-channel, 1200 can be dual-channel, memory is Chicken C14 3200, CPU problems?

0 Likes
4 Replies

Difficult to even see what RAM Memory is compatible with the 3rd generation Processor. Went to MSI Support for your motherboard and the compatibility Chart for RAM was blank.  Might be a glitch at MSI Support. Support For B450I GAMING PLUS AC | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 

The QVL List for RAM Memory for the 3rd generation Processor will give you all the RAM tested by MSI that is fully compatible with the New processor plus if it works in dual channel or not. Unfortunately, until the list is visible you would have to wait to see if your RAM is listed as being fully compatible or not. 

Best thing to do is make sure you have the latest BETA BIOS Version that supports the new Ryzen Processor and you have the latest MSI Chip Set installed.

Try the link above and see if you get the QVL list for the RAM Memory or not plus what Processors that particular motherboard supports with what BIOS version installed.

0 Likes

Thank

0 Likes

I have found most memory will work but I have expertise in tweaking the BIOS.

Best bet is memory with full up to date JEDEC tables as XMP is the most problematic.XMP exists as Intel was impatient for revisions to the JEDEC standard.

0 Likes
crishwu
Journeyman III

I do not think that it is a CPU problem, it is most likely to be the problem of your memory, try to reinstall your memory card. I share more information related to pc issues on my Facebook page.

0 Likes