cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

bardkins
Journeyman III

Could I get a discount if I were to buy 60 processors?

Hello,

My name is Gardner Benjamin and I'm a student at "Traian" National College ( Romania, Mehedinti county, Drobeta Turnu-Severin ).

In my school, there are 3 computer labs with about 60 PCs which are running an intel E5400 and either 4 or 2 gb of ddr2 ram. Now, my school isn't planning to upgrade them anytime soon because they simply don't have the budget to do so. And after asking the school administrator whether they could look into getting some sort of sponsorship or a deal on some systems / components, she refused.

Therefore, I'm asking: Could my school get a discount on some earlier generation processors ( if there's still some left in stock ), or even a discount on the newer athlon 200GE, provided that they buy about 60 of them?

Another option, which I think is most likely not a viable one, would be a sponsorship, but I've read another thread where it says that AMD doesn't do sponsorships. There's the odd giveaway, but that's about it...

0 Likes
2 Replies
bardkins
Journeyman III

Actually, I was mistaken. The PCs are running celeron 440s (singlr core, 2.0ghz ), but that doesn't matter that much though.

Anyway, I see that nobody really knows the answer. Could you guys give me an email which i could use yo contact AMD directly?

0 Likes
henryshaw
Adept I

Hi Bardkins, did you get any response from them? How much discount they are offering on bulk purchase?

0 Likes