cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

kap_nkrump
Journeyman III

Consistent crashes with simple gaming and netflix - latest drivers installed.

So, I've had this problem for a while now. 

I play a 14 ish year old game called dawn of war, and it crashes pretty consistently about every 20 minutes. 

In addition, I watched a couple episodes of a show on Netflix on my computer, and it crashed twice, once per 30-minute episode. 

There's no warning, there's no noise, and the computer restarts and acts like everything's normal. 

The computer I built in 2016, and hasn't had these issues until the last year or so. 

The drivers are all up-to-date, and it's plenty powerful enough to run these simple programs. 

I cracked open the case and it's not very dirty. 

Beyond keeping drivers up to date, I'm not sure where to begin fixing this.  it's a bit frustrating, but my computer restarts quickly.  So that's something. 

The only error report I get upon restarting is:  "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure."

Is there a way to run a diagnostic or see an error, bug, or crash report?  Because this is a frustrating problem.

0 Likes
1 Reply

I noticed on my older card that I don't even game on that worked fine playing video in browsers before the 19.5.1 driver that I now had to increase my power limit setting to it's maximum for it not to hang in video playback. You might try this and see if it helps you.  Just slide the power limit to it's maximum in Wattman.

0 Likes