Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

sleyer
Journeyman III

cant run battlefield 2042 R9 280X

hai,

using R9 280X.. my driver only can use version 21.5.2   but bf2042 require 21.20 version

AMD ERROR.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

The R9 280X is a legacy product and the last supported driver is 21.5.2.
If Battlefield 2042 requires the latest driver, then you won't be able to play it unless you updated your graphics card to a product that supports the 21.9.1 driver or later.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

The R9 280X is a legacy product and the last supported driver is 21.5.2.
If Battlefield 2042 requires the latest driver, then you won't be able to play it unless you updated your graphics card to a product that supports the 21.9.1 driver or later.

meaning no more latest driver after 21.5.2 ??

0 Likes

Yes, please refer to the this KB: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-630

so you are telling me that i now cant play modern games with a R9 295X2 GPU thats MORE than capable of playing all current and future games on high settings even 2042 because i cant get a new driver for it ?

a card that might i add that is currectly playing ANY game out now on 3  screens with zero issue. so you want me to buy another GPU to play Battlefield 2042. is that correct ?

if so then i wont be playing BF2042 i wont be buying 3 copies of the game for me my wife and my son as i now have to buy 3 GPU's if we do.

excellent, thanks for that,  good way to ruin your customer bases. few reasons people cant afford items right now after losing jobs savings and hours cut back all due to the covid stupidity and on top of that trying to buy a GPU right now with the shortages or complete lack of any around we are shafted anyway ewven if we wanted a new 1 or the fact scalpers have them are 3 times the price atleast.

you really do know how to push customers away and ruin there gaming in times like this in the world. BRAVO.

I had this same issue with my Asus r9 280x. this solved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcJHmLS0rMk

What a great "screw you" reply from AMD to their customers. There is nothing wrong with these cards, so why don't you consider those loyal to you and release a new driver...I have been a AMD fanboy for a long time but this makes me reconsider it

0 Likes

Driver won't fix it,the cards are too old hardware wise.Looks like even the game developer realized it as well,they changed the Min requirements.

OLD Battlefield 2042 Minimum System Requirements

To run Battlefield 2042 at 1080p at 30-45 FPS, you will require the following PC setup.

• Processor: Ryzen 3 1300X or better / i5 6600k or better
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics (GPU): GeForce GTX 1050 or better / AMD Radeon 7970 / R9280X or better
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 50 GB available space

NEW minimum requirements:

Here are the Battlefield 2042 System Requirements (Minimum)

• CPU: Core i5 6600K / AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti or AMD Radeon RX 560, 4 GB
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 100 GB
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 4096 MB

No, that's BS. I edited my driver number so I could start the BF beta and played the game at a steady 60 FPS with an R9 390.

I'm shopping for a Nvidia card to replace it with, just got to catch one in stock for a semi fair price, and I'm out. 

Funny I was going to go all AMD with my next build, CPU and GPU, and now, since AMD wants to end support for capable cards during not only a pandemic, but a card/chip shortage where I can't even find over priced cards to buy unless I buy from scalpers in most cases, I will never buy another AMD product again, for the rest of my life. And I'll make sure each time I build a PC for my friends of family (I've built 5 so far in the past 2 years (been telling people to hold off since the chip shortage began)) that I also don't use AMD in their stuff.

The r9 390 is more than capable to play modern games, AMD is just greedy, lazy or both. 

Under normal, non pandemic, non chip shortage years, I probably wouldn't even have noticed this, because I would have already bought a 6800 or 6900 by now like I was planning on doing. But I wanted another powercolor and was trying to wait to get one, they just never were available because of scalpers.

Advising to change the video card today is very good trolling!

I registered just to say I will NEVER buy another AMD product again and trash talk your trash company at ever chance i get.  Get bent.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's not just due to AMD. Dice has set the graphics requirements for HD and 2K very high (min. RX6600 + RTX3060), I even tried my RX5700XT in BF 2042. The game crashed immediately after calibration. The game is far too expensive for me because of the many graphics problems with these requirements for today's standard resolution HD or 2K with the prices for these graphics cards, I did not buy it. With Halo Infiniti at 2K I had no problems in this regard, I just had to uninstall the adrenaline software and reinstall the Radeon driver 12/21.1. The software is muddy, WattMan caused crashes, every time my core clock and core voltage settings were misaligned. So again used the MSI Afterburner and now no problems with it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's not just due to AMD. Dice has set the graphics requirements for HD and 2K very high (min. RX6600 + RTX3060), I even tried my RX5700XT in BF 2042. The game crashed immediately after calibration. The game is far too expensive for me because of the many graphics problems with these requirements for today's standard resolution HD or 2K with the prices for these graphics cards, I did not buy it. Your R9 280X is below the minimum requirements, you have to pay attention to that. If the hardware is no longer sufficient for current games, the only option is an upgrade or a new PC. I keep my previous graphics cards in the upper middle range for up to 3 years, then a new one is due.

0 Likes
MitzTapuz
Journeyman III

If you haven't already, you can try a quick REGEDIT fix too.  Be sure to backup/save at least the text you're replacing.

Reddit post with youtube link 

Using that I've gotten to the main menu, but aren't pre-ordered so I'll have to wait a few more hours before my 280x can try it.

0 Likes
el_arantis
Adept III

Dear friend,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2022!

You can try these modified drivers  to give additional life to your pc.

[Driver Mod] Amernime Zone Modded Radeon 21.12.1 WHQL + GCN & Legacy Pack (Released) | guru3D Forums

How to Install the Amernime MODDED AMD Drivers! | Easy 2021 Tutorial - YouTube

See all these, and the instructions in order to do your job.

My regards!

0 Likes