cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Bought a 7800 XT + Starfield bundle, Newegg's codes are backordered?

Hey all,

Hoping someone can help me out. Back on September 30th I bought a Radeon 7800 XT with the AMD Gift - Starfield Premium Edition Game Bundle [Online Game Code] from Newegg. The card immediately went on back order (probably because I waited until the last day). Anyhow, fast forward to October 8th: the card is back in stock and ships, I get it yesterday on the 12th. Newegg still lists my Starfield code as back ordered, so I reach out to Newegg support and they send me this:

The code that is compatible with your GPU is the one that is BackOrder#: xxxxxxx, which does not have a definite ETA yet. I must apologize for this issue, I understand this must be an inconvenience since you were anticipating to get the game sooner rather than later. I do suggest keeping tracking of AMD's socials for when the codes are back in stock. I do hope they extend the redemption date since I'm sure they did not expect such demand for the game

The AMD Facebook and Twitter pages don't make any mention of Starfield back orders. I'm concerned that I'm just getting the brush off from Newegg. Has anyone else heard of the Starfield codes being back ordered?

Is there's someone at AMD who can help me out? With the deadline for redeeming the code coming up, this whole thing is making me nervous.

Thanks!

Zippy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Ok. Well.

AMDRewards never got back to me. I suppose they don't assist to people who don't have a gift card code. Not unreasonable, but they could have at least said that.

Newegg has now canceled my back ordered Starfield order and sent me a $10 "Customer Care Gift Card".

That's that, I guess.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

You could try putting in a support query at https://www.amdrewards.com/

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Well, I gave that a shot over the weekend. Just waiting to hear back from the AMDRewards team. The automated system sent a confirmation email with a ticket ID, but that's it so far. The weird thing is there doesn't seem to be a way to check on the status of a ticket.

0 Likes

Ok. Well.

AMDRewards never got back to me. I suppose they don't assist to people who don't have a gift card code. Not unreasonable, but they could have at least said that.

Newegg has now canceled my back ordered Starfield order and sent me a $10 "Customer Care Gift Card".

That's that, I guess.

0 Likes

Well just give the support a bit more time, but I think they can't do much anyway. I do believe you are another newegg victim.

0 Likes