cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

floimut
Journeyman III

blue screen: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and Error 0xc0000005

Hi guys, I just bought a used PC with the specification:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Nitro+

RAM: 2 x 8 GB G.Skill F4-3200C16-8GIS DDR4

2 x 8 GB Crucial Technology 8L8G32C16U4W.M8FE1 DDR4

Motherboard: ASRock B550 Taichi

SSD: Samsung 980 500 GB

WD Blue SN570 1 TB

NZXT Cooler

Corsair Power supply 750W (maybe bought in 2020)

When I got it from the seller, we both tested it out the pc first. We played Call of Duty warzone to make sure everything was fine and everything went smoothly. 

However after I brought the PC back home with carefully and installed a new Windows 10. After the installation of Windows 10 and even before I installed the drivers from the ASRock website, the bluescreen came several times and it says:

1. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

2. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

After that I installed the Adrenaline and all other drivers based on the website, but the problem still exist. I already checked and did every solution on Google but none of them works for me. And when I run the games, they always crashes and give the error message: Exception code: 0xc0000005. For example: GTA 5, Black Ops 3, Far Cry 5.

To fix these issues, I have tried many things:

• I updated all my drivers
  • CPU, GPU and SSD temps are normal
  • I ran memtest86 for multiple hours and Windows memory diagnosis, both found no errors.
  • I tried using only 2 RAM slot at a time
  • I have updated Windows to the latest available update
  • I have unplugged all USB devices that weren't necessary
  • I have tried running my games as admin, as well as Steam, GOG, Uplay, Epic Games Launcher
  • I have reinstalled Windows (on the same rive)
  • I have updated my motherboard BIOS to one of the latest versions
  • using one monitor at a time

The only difference from the previous owner setup is the DisplayPort Cable, LAN Cable, Logitech Mouse, Acer Keyboard.

Here are my DUMP report from Minidump:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GwYA-SafqjYcCLBhg3qEpuJ8uFfdIuxR/view?usp=drivesdk

Please help me, I really appreciate it :=}

Thank you very much

0 Likes
4 Replies
PCProbs1
Adept I

I have looked at one of the DMP files, which is pointing to ntkrnlmp.exe as the faulting module - this means that something else is causing the failure. Running the Windows Driver Verifier should shine some light on the issue.

If you get another BSOD please send only the most recent DMP file. The ones in Google Drive have Windows builds ranging from Windows 10 version 2004 to Windows 11 version 22H2.

0 Likes

The DMP files are still pointing to ntkrnlmp.exe as the failing module. Enabling the Windows Driver Verifier to verify third-party drivers (non Microsoft drivers) might shine some light on the issue.

Warning: The Driver Verifier can cause system crashes, so it is recommended to create a System Restore point prior to enabling.

0 Likes

Hello, sorry for late response. I already enabled the Windows Driver Veriver (non microsoft drivers) and here my new dump files:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VTbJaW3JxSNw9EMz39W8LyjnVyo9KXbu/view?usp=sharing

0 Likes