cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

DrBerto
Journeyman III

Black screen when playing games. Have to power dump PC. GPU drivers have to be reinstalled.

So I've been having an issue where I'll be playing a game and my screens will go black and my PC will freeze completely. I have to power dump the PC and restart then one of my monitors will not be working and cannot be detected in display settings. Going into device manager, I see my display adapter is not working properly with a code 31. When I try to open AMD adrenalin software, I get an error message saying my drivers are incorrect. The only way to fix is to uninstall display adapter (uninstall device option) then reinstall radeon software. It's concerning considering I've only had the GPU for just over a year and this has begun happening more frequently. Any suggestions? 

0 Likes
3 Replies
DrBerto
Journeyman III

PC specs are 3700X, RX 6800 XT, 32GB Gskill 3600 MHz, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus mobo, 

0 Likes

Test temperatures with any benchmark. CPU and GPU shouldn´t go above 85°C (which is already hot).

If temps are good, the first thing that I would try is to underclock the GPU with MSI afterburner or some other tool.

There are several reasons why the system could be shutting down, but temperature and clock unstability are the main ones.

It could also be a PSU issue.

0 Likes

I have similar problems, since 5/2021 with each drivers following this date, even with newest one 22.6.1. I have Underclocked, undervolt GPU, checked/sswapped each component, disabled xmp, increased psu to 1000w but nothing helped. Temps are bellow 75, wattercolled. When I have BSOD I can hear windows sounds, can communicate via discord but both displays are dead and have to reset PC. Sometimes driver dont boot up after reset and I have to reinstall it. 

My specs: ryzen 5900xt, 32 gb corsair vengeance 3600 cl16 (tried also trident z 3600 cl16), aorus x570s pro ax, 6800 XT liquid devil, 1000w seasonic platinum, 1 TB m2 ssd gen 3...

0 Likes