cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Inzi
Adept I

Black Screen issue with my Ryzen 5 5600G

I am facing this 'Black Screen' issue with my Ryzen 5 5600G ever since I started using it.

This started after I had installed the AMD Radeon driver.

Issue in detail: Whenever I switch on my PC and try to play a video or access a website which requires graphics, the screen goes black and an error message shows up that states "AMD software detected that a driver timeout has occurred on your system. An issue report has been created that can be sent to AMD to help us improve our software. Would you like to report this issue?"

AMD Bug Report Tool.jpg

This black screen issue happens only once after every full boot. Once it happens then thereafter I never encountered any issue no matter how graphics intense work I do. I tried uninstalling the Radeon driver and re-installed it but still the issue persists. I even updated the driver to the latest version thinking that the update will fix this but it hasn't.

I am not sure what is causing this issue. I tried searching on Google but it seems that this issue is very rare and there isn't much on the internet. I had reported this issue through the error window twice but I did not get any reply nor a fix on this.

I purchased this PC on 9-Oct-21 and this should not be happening. My PC details are given below:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming AMD AM4 Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen Ryzen ATX Gaming Motherboard
Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100x Liquid CPU Cooler (240mm Radiator, Dual 120mm PWM Fans)
RAM: 16.0 GB (15.4 GB usable) DDR4 3200 C16 Desktop Memory
SSD: WD 250GB NVMe Internal SSD
HDD: WD 1TB
PSU: Corsair CV650, 80 Plus Bronze Certified, 650 Watt Non-Modular
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎09-‎10-‎2021
OS build 19044.3086
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

AMD Software version: 23.5.2

Help!

4 Replies
adammaulidi
Journeyman III

Same issue with me, i need solution to. I think because windows update, how about restore windows previous version ?

0 Likes

I haven't tried resetting my Windows version. I did call AMD support and I was informed that there could be an issue with the processor which is causing this. I am not sure how to fix this. I am waiting to buy a dedicated graphics card and will check if that fixes the issue.

Let me know if you found any solution in the meanwhile.

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

Things to do to get your baseline fully up to date and then go from there ..

Update your motherboard's BIOS to latest version available

Be sure to install latest AM4 chipset drivers from AMD.com website

Check for firmware updates for your SSD's

Then you can run AMD's Cleanup Utility tool and when you reboot, install latest video drivers from AMD.com website

IF still have issues .. check your temps. Check to see if your RAM is actually running at 3200 in Windows. IF it is, try disabling DOCP and see if you still have driver timeouts.

Try a different power supply if you can

The only 2 times I've gotten driver timeouts was , one .. fixed by replacing the power supply on my wife's AM4 setup .. and the other was fixed by dialing back my RAM tweaks on my AM5 setup.

ThreeDee PC specs

Uninstall the drivers via DUU and install via Windows update 

0 Likes