cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Paulindo
Adept I

BIOS screen doesnt show up after booting PC

I swapped mobo from a msi b450m pro vdh max to a msi b550m pro vdh wifi.

Back then it used to display the bios and boot time was way faster, now taht i changed the mobo the boot time is hard drive slow and the bios screen just skips/doesn't apear.

It may be the fact that i have resize bar enabled on a unsupported gpu+cpu but i dont realy know...

Any solutions to this?

1 Solution
Paulindo
Adept I

Hello guys!

No need to strees over this, I've figuered what to do.

I just changed to my old mobo and now it works normally, it was a mobo issue i'm gonna try to rma it.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

Check the BIOS boot menu, specifically if fast boot is enabled and whether BIOS splash screen is turned on.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

The bios screen doesnt show up not even the windows logo it just take a while to boot and then I'm on the windows lock screen.

So you are not getting a display output until the Windows driver loads. What CPU and GPU are you using and how is the monitor connected?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

I use  a ryzen 5 3600 and rx 580 8gb and monitor is connected via hdmi.

When I start the computer its just black the keyboard lights up and turns off a couple of time but i've tried pressing delete key, F2, F10, F1 and then the computer doesnt boot into windows. 

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

If you have a keyboard with the PS2 port connection, plug that into your motherboard (with power off) and keep hitting the delete key once the computer is turned on.  That should get you into the BIOS.

Is your computer booting normally into Windows?  Or is it failing to boot up successfully?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Unfortunatly i dont have a ps2 keyboard but the pc does boot normaly into windows the bios screen and the windows logo just don't show up.

I already tried flashing bios via usb, reseting cmos and jumping cmos. 

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

It might be your memory sticks - check QVL (qualified vendors list) of your new motherboard to see if the memory sticks are approved.  If they are, try moving them to the other set of slots.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
Paulindo
Adept I

Hello guys!

No need to strees over this, I've figuered what to do.

I just changed to my old mobo and now it works normally, it was a mobo issue i'm gonna try to rma it.