cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

CryptoKline
Journeyman III

BIOS Issue

So I have a custom pc that I have built and I ran into an issue today that I find a little weird. I was tweaking with some overclock settings in the BIOS and I ended up doing a reset in the BIOS to the optimized default settings but when my computer restarted, it showed a blue screen BCD error saying it couldn't start. I applied one of my BIOS profiles that I have saved and then it started right up with no issues. Out of curiosity, I changed every setting one by one until I found which setting was causing the issue and it turns out to be the Power Supply Idle Control. When I turn it to Auto (Default), it won't boot. When I turn it to Low Current Idle it boots fine. I know for a fact this was not an issue originally because I have ran this computer with the BIOS default settings plenty of times. It just seems really out of the ordinary to just randomly acquire this specific setting to cause a malfunction. I mean I originally suspected it to be some settings that had to do with the Drive that has Windows installed on it but nope. It's the power supply idle setting. If you know anything whatsoever as to what could cause this problem to just start out of nowhere, please let me know and I thank you for your time. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x

Mobo: Asus Tuf x570 Plus (Wifi)

GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming

RAM: 16x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600 CL18

Drive: WD Black SN850 1TB NVMe M.2

PSU: Corsair RM850x

Case: Corsair 680x White

CPU Cooling: Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm AIO, 2 intake fans at the bottom pulling air up, 2 exhaust fans at the top pulling air up and out, and a sensor panel replaced the rear CPU exhaust fan. 

I do have RGB EVERYWHERE so could it be using too much power? Is my PSU possibly getting overloaded by all the lighting combined with a power hungry GPU and CPU? I thought 850W would be perfectly fine but maybe I'm wrong? Please help if you can. My concern is that I don't want this to be a sign that something hardware wise is going bad on me. Thanks again for your time and I look forward to your feedback. IMG_20211029_013442197.jpgIMG_20211029_013511259.jpgIMG_20211029_013519748.jpgFull View.jpgSenor Panel Close Up.jpg

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can be that when you start booting the system goes to full load in the car and it is running out. But your power supply is Gold + and should actually be enough, but when gaming I would switch off the RGB to be on the safe side.

0 Likes

You can have three main causes for a BIOS error: a corrupt BIOS, a missing BIOS or a badly configured BIOS. A computer virus or failed attempt to flash the BIOS could make your BIOS corrupt or delete it completely.

0 Likes