cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

beelzebozo
Adept I

Battlefield 4 crashes or freezes with Radeon 5700 XT

Battlefield 4 crashes or freezes about 30-40 minutes of game play with my 5700 XT.  

I switched from a 650 to 750 watt PSU just incase it was drawing too much power.  Didn't help.

Please, is there a work around?  Windows 10 is on latest updates and AMD drivers are the latest version.

My GTX 1080 never froze or crashed like that.

12 Replies
ikrad
Adept I

I have the exact same issue on my Rx 5700 xt on all of battlefield games and starwars battlefront 2 but bf4 is the worst i cant play for over 10min until i get a crash and an error message says directx error (get device removed reason)

i tried everything i know of and still nothing changed i hope amd fixes this soon i just hope .

0 Likes
yendys
Adept II

Hi,
I have the same problem, Battlefield 4 will crash.
After 10-15min playing. Sometimes without error (directly into windows)
Sometimes with error. I'm tired...

2020-04-04 (2).png

(20.4.1)

warsun
Challenger

Uninstall your driver an install this one. https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-17-9-1 

0 Likes

Seriously? © 2017 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc
You know, it's a little old :-/ 

0 Likes

Yes. I`m using it now. I have never stopped using it. You would be surprised on how good it is. An how stable. its the ones past that that are really messed up. For reasons i still do not know why.

0 Likes

it should work on the 5700 XT. Its got the same driver. You just wont get a lot of features.

0 Likes

Unfortunately that driver does not support any card released after the RX 580 so it would be no help to the OP.  It was a good stable driver though for older cards.

20.4.1 works way better for my antique RX 480 8GB and I play tested BF4 and it is working on team red fanboy box.

0 Likes

It turns out no. It doesn't work. I would start suggesting going to the manufacture for this issue. MSI has found a fix to this. So forget my other suggestion.

0 Likes

yesterday I was fixing crysis so I could test it out, that took more time than expected but eventually I was able to launch the game

0 Likes
ikrad
Adept I

ikrad
Adept I

Guys i found another fix that worked for me :

go to documents > Battlefield 4 > settings > PROFSAVE_profile > then open it with notepad > Find GstRender.OverallGraphicsQuality And set the value to 0 

this fixed the crashes for me