cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

aadi_aadidas
Journeyman III

Battery drain and high CPU Temps After Radeon Software Crash On Ryzen 4800HS

Randomly i have been noticing my CPU temps and brain drain sky rocketing on Normal Usage For no apparent reason.

I Have a Asus Zephyrus G14 With Nvidia GTX 1660Ti Max Q and AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS

Symptoms of this problem include screen going black for few seconds followed by an AMD Crash report pop up sometimes followed by battery drain and High Temps on Idle and Normal use, and whenever radeon software is opened it says its incompatible with the device

I Know this a CPU problem because reinstalling the AMD Radeon Software Always fixes The Problem but the same issue reoccurs  After few days or even hours, I think it has something to do with the Radeon Software and Drivers because reinstalling the software fixes the problem. 

Any suggestions to fix this permanently? 

ThanksScreenshot (283).png

0 Likes
1 Reply

From your Specs  you seem to have Asus Laptop Model ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401U according to Asus Website showing all the different Models and its included hardware.

I suggest you remove your current AMD driver using DDU and deleting AMD installation folder at C:\AMD and install Asus OEM AMD Driver and latest Asus CHIPSET and BIOS version if applicable from here: https://rog.asus.com/us/laptops/rog-zephyrus/rog-zephyrus-g14-series/helpdesk_download

Screenshot 2021-12-22 201935.pngScreenshot 2021-12-22 204727.png

If you needed to update the BIOS version to the latest and you installed all of Asus Laptop Graphics drivers and Chipset see if the issue keeps occurring.

Note: Also check to see if you have any background programs running that might cause your CPU to be under heavy loads. Also run a Virus/Malware scan to eliminate malware causing this issue.

Also make sure your Laptop Input and output vents are clean and not half clogged with dust and dirty.

Enable in Task Manager the following Diagnostic tool - Resource Monitor to see what is causing your CPU to run under such heavy loads that it starts overheating:

Screenshot 2021-12-22 204727.png

0 Likes