cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Shopman14
Journeyman III

Autodesk Fusion 360 wont launch on new WX-4100 card.

I just installed new WX-4100 card on a Dell/win10 machine.  Now, Fusion 360(CAD/CAM software) won't launch.  Tried several iterations with new drivers/updated drivers/not old drivers/best drivers...no joy.   Did get infamous "Code 43" error during one of these steps but that is fixed.   There are no switches on the AMD software app to address this.  Nothing on the win/10 "Control Panel" or in the "Device Manager" that touches this.  Right clicking on open area brings up Radeon/AMD app, but no help.

[When I start Fusion 360, I get a small splash screen and then a big white box with "Autodesk Fusion 360" across it and then the dreaded "Autodesk Error Report Form".....thats it.   Hoping Autodesk gets back to me?????????????    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Dear All;

A week before I got my new AMD/Radeon card I attempted to do one of the Windows update.  This particular update was for "20H2".  My computer spent 2 or 3 hours trying to update this(in task manager, my CPU, DISK, and memory parameters where all running 90 to 95%).  I thought maybe just a buggy update, so I stopped it.  Used my computer for a week and received my new card.  Before I installed my new card I uninstalled the old nVidia drivers.     Suggestions where to uninstall the video drivers(double make sure old nVidia drivers where uninstalled) as well as new AMD/Radeon drivers.  Fresh Start.  Got a "Code 43" error after I put in the new card and new AMD/Drivers(error listed in Device Manager). Ugg. More searching/more questions. New plan of action was to uninstall Fusion 360, uninstall all video drivers, and take another crack at updating windows to "20H2".  Well, the windows update to 20H2 went off without a hitch,  reinstalled video drivers, and when I went to reinstall FUSION 360 I got past the "Autodesk Error Report" shutdown box, but this time I got a warning from Fusion 360 that there where 2 other instances running on this account.  My computer was trying to run 3 sessions of Fusion 360.  I was able to keep the open session of Fusion 360 and said to delete/stop the other two.  Fusion 360 now launched properly.  The only thing now was I was still in Windows default display mode.  In Device Manager, the display adapter said "Amd/radeon display adapter" or something like it, but had the yellow triangle warning with "error 43" .   Went online to get a "Patcher" app.  Ran that, and all is well now(no more error 43): Fusion 360 launches/works, new AMD/Radeon Card works, and now my 4K monitor displays like a champ.

Want to thank everyone who chimed in with suggestions.

Stay safe, stay healthy.

Shopman14

View solution in original post

3 Replies

When it fails to launch what is the exact error or error code/number showing?

Does it show a System Error?

According to Fusion 360 Troubeshooting website some of the errors that prevent the program from installing or launching is due to Anti-Virus programs not being configured correctly to run Fusion 360.

Otherwise possibly @fsadough can be some assistance who AMD Forums resident Professional GPU card expert.

0 Likes

Can you provide an AMDZ-report?

AMDZ Report
- Please extract the amdz-v286.zip available from:
   https://we.tl/t-lcOLZ466pd
- Run amdz.exe file as an Administrator
- Select “Save All“ and “HTM“ as the output format
- Click on the blue button to save the report
- The .htm file will be saved in the same folder where you extracted the zipped file

Dear All;

A week before I got my new AMD/Radeon card I attempted to do one of the Windows update.  This particular update was for "20H2".  My computer spent 2 or 3 hours trying to update this(in task manager, my CPU, DISK, and memory parameters where all running 90 to 95%).  I thought maybe just a buggy update, so I stopped it.  Used my computer for a week and received my new card.  Before I installed my new card I uninstalled the old nVidia drivers.     Suggestions where to uninstall the video drivers(double make sure old nVidia drivers where uninstalled) as well as new AMD/Radeon drivers.  Fresh Start.  Got a "Code 43" error after I put in the new card and new AMD/Drivers(error listed in Device Manager). Ugg. More searching/more questions. New plan of action was to uninstall Fusion 360, uninstall all video drivers, and take another crack at updating windows to "20H2".  Well, the windows update to 20H2 went off without a hitch,  reinstalled video drivers, and when I went to reinstall FUSION 360 I got past the "Autodesk Error Report" shutdown box, but this time I got a warning from Fusion 360 that there where 2 other instances running on this account.  My computer was trying to run 3 sessions of Fusion 360.  I was able to keep the open session of Fusion 360 and said to delete/stop the other two.  Fusion 360 now launched properly.  The only thing now was I was still in Windows default display mode.  In Device Manager, the display adapter said "Amd/radeon display adapter" or something like it, but had the yellow triangle warning with "error 43" .   Went online to get a "Patcher" app.  Ran that, and all is well now(no more error 43): Fusion 360 launches/works, new AMD/Radeon Card works, and now my 4K monitor displays like a champ.

Want to thank everyone who chimed in with suggestions.

Stay safe, stay healthy.

Shopman14