cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

jacksonandjulli
Journeyman III

Are budget processors like Athlon 200GE worthy of AMD Boot Kit?

I am wondering if AMD will lend me its APU costing almost same as the 200GE to update my Mobo.

I had filed a request (Evidence - SR# 8200839088 ) and was asked to send necessary documents and I sent without forgetting to mention SR# and have not received any reply from them since last 3 days [this is going to become 7 days because if I don't get reply on the Fri, I will have to wait for another 2 days of the weekend]

So, can anyone answer me if I am eligible or I will have to get it done on my own cost? I will be extremely thankful for his/her reply because it will save me lot of time which is killing me at this moment because my system is not booting.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

I've looked at your ticket. You have not provided a picture of the process with the serial number displayed as well as a copy of the invoice. Once you update the ticket with that information.

0 Likes

Actually, I have provided the picture of the processor along with the Invoice as attachments. I checked recently. However, it might have been dropped due to some technical reasons. So, can you please tell me where to send it again?

0 Likes

Replay to the ticket. mentioning the ticket number.

EDIT: I just checked, the pictures have been received.

0 Likes

I have resent the message to TECH.SUPPORT@AMD.COM (this was the channel of communication b/w me and the AMD Global Customer Care) along with the picture of processor  showing all numbers and Invoice. And Thanks a lot for such a quick back to back responses.

0 Likes
jacksonandjulli
Journeyman III

I received a email from the AMD saying "you can visit any alternate motherboard service centre for Bios update" (The problem was that when I went to local Gigabyte Centre, I was not given the bios-update-service). The reason may be - either AMD has become more strict with its Boot Kit Service or the Athlon 200GE is not eligible. 

0 Likes