cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Crosscode
Journeyman III

Aorus 5700xt Black screen and Flickering after overclocks/Powerlimit and using Liquid Metal

Hello,

Last week i changed all of the pads and applied  new thermal paste on the GPU.

0.5mm for VRAM's and 1.5mm for the rest on upper side with active cooling.

3mm on the backplate.

Got still too high junction temps (up to 110° in some games) and decided to go Liquid Metal after reassembling the card for the 10th time.

Used nail polish for insulating.

Everything booted fine but as i applied 1900 Mhz as i used to on the Memory my screen goes black and never comes back.

When i use everthing with Stock values everything runs fine but as soon as i turn up the powerlimt over 40% where the card pushes over 250Watt and really smooth frames the screen flickers and then goes black.

New Temps are really good. in Benchmark with Furmark 74° Mem, 58° GPU, and 75° Junktion(Hotspot) with stock values.

Also got significantly louder coil whine as bevor liquid metal.

The pads are definitly the right size as it worked with thermal paste really good but junktion was my problem.

Now i have really good Temps but my card doesn't seem to like lanything.

All screws are not heavy torged i was really carefull.

After all i got better temps but louder coil whine and slower clocks/powerlimit which bothers me.

it feels like i have to reassamble again.

Hope someone has any ideas.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Crosscode
Journeyman III

Found the problem, some of the metal spilled on a Vram and its connectors while assambling. applied to much LM.

Thankfully everything is still working.

0 Likes
Crosscode
Journeyman III

And the Coil whine appears maybe because i got to little points on the backplate where the pads seemed way to big for that little chip. Have done som Research and it was fully covered because frequenzy interference which get more blocken when the pads are fully covering the Chip. 

First time doing this maybe got lucky but i got massive Temperaturen los and more Power now.

Will make the pads on the backplate Bigger any time but it is fine for now.

Maybe this thread will help someone who is New to this

0 Likes