cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

AMDstore Cancelled my Orders due to "Duplication" with 2 order placed 10 days apart?!

I originally ordered a RX 6900 XT from AMD.com, that GPU is sitting inside my PC, so I decided to order a second one from AMD.com for my Wife's PC, managed to get lucky enough on the 3/11/2021 to get a second RX 6900 XT, 2 days later AMD cancels my order because of "Duplication"... the orders are 10 days apart, why would they make this type of restriction?

Amd support is next to useless (email), no replies, @amdcare on twitter is useless, Zero accountability, no one to call...

Can someone explain why would AMDstore would behave like this?

8 Replies

Seems like since there is such a shortage of the 6000 series GPUs available to the public, AMD Store must have put a One per Person limit on the RX6900XT.

Here is AMD Store FAQ: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdonlinestorefaq

Screenshot 2021-03-14 081041.png

Which explains why your second order was cancelled as a duplication since it went to the same address or buyer if the One per Person limit is being enforced for the time being.

Hi there, thank you for your reply,

So basically you can only buy ONE unit, and only one unit for ever?

The purchase was made 10 whole days after, not the same day or on the same invoice or few hours later, but 10 days later.

This makes no sense...

I doubt it is forever. Just until the 6000 Series GPU Shortage is over.

AMD, according to the FAQ, can impose a limit if so desired at any time. So it does seem to indicate AMD has a limit of one per PERSON or HOUSEHOLD (same address).

Doesn't matter if you ordered both GPUs 10 days apart or 10 months apart. IF there is a limit to one per household you won't be able to purchase another RX6900XT GPU from the same address or until AMD lifts the limit of GPUs sold to one person or household.

I am just speculating from reading AMD Store FAQ and the fact there is a huge RX6000 series GPU shortage in the market for the time being.

Mine got cancelled too but It's understandable. I didn't see the rules of duplicate orders.

@judge_dredd_3d I'm in a very similar situation. I got a 6800 XT Midnight Black on 4/8. Then I was able to order two more 6800 XT Midnight Black on 4/16, but AMD canceled BOTH of those orders. The first one isn't even for me, it's for my mom. These two were going to be for me, but I still would have liked at least one; they canceled both of them.

On top of that, the first one was lost by FedEx for 5 days. I'm fully expecting to open the box and find bricks or other things that are not a graphics card at all. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Postal workers have been stealing people's PS5s and replacing the box contents with other things. What a sh*t show.

If they're really going to impose a limit of one card per person among the ENTIRE 6000 series, that would be kind of stupid. They are all different SKUs.

0 Likes

The first order you did it was shipped to your mom? Did you use the same credit card on all of your order?

0 Likes

What if he orders a different model like RX 6800 XT, will they cancel it?

0 Likes

It probably applies to, at least, all 6000 Series GPU cards since they are all in very short supplies.

But AMD can impose the limit at any time to any AMD hardware sold at AMD Store.

0 Likes