Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

flixmd
Journeyman III

Amd Wraith Prism

Hey guys,

like a lot of you I have an issue with the amd wraith prism cooler.

For Rgb controlling i am using the app signalRgb.

When I first plugged in all the required (i have no idea if this is spelled right im from germany ) cabels it worked just fine, everything was in the color i wanted it to be but since 1 Week the Fan LED just stays green. The Logo and the ring leds are working. My guess is that the colors are inverted because its changing to orange sometimes and the colors of the theme in signalrgb are puple and blue. IMG_20230621_174421.jpg

Thanks for any replies

flixmd

0 Likes
4 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Im not that "fluent" With signal rgb, if it worked before, could be that some update could've messed, try rolling back windows to a previous restore point.

The Wraith Prism has two ways to be controlled. 12V RGB cable non adressable which means, logo and ring are not controllable.

The USB 2.0 plug to board header, but as far as I know you need a proprietary software. 

Which connection do you have right now? 

The Englishman

I have both of the cables installed one is the 4Pin Rgb and the other one is this with the dead pin in the corner im not 100% sure but i think thats usb. I think the  Fan rgb is showing the opposite color like complimentary or sumn like that because

purple <-> green & blue <-> orange and in addition to that its getting darker and brighter just like it did before but in another color.

0 Likes

Ok.. i checked it, .. dont use both, use either RGB or use USB. With USB you have an tool from coolermaster, see this link for more info.

Tools is called ADDR_RGB or something.. when using RGB be sure to use an RGB header, not an ARGB one. Setup though mobo software or bios in that case.

should not be possible though, i've seen some odd things along my way hehe (orientation of the header, or connected in-between two headers.)

First disconnect usb, check rgb header and reseat it (even if it should be good). Check if it works as expected. If not .. go usb and the coolermaster util.

atmosphere
Challenger

Have you tried the MSI software? Same results?

Unsure if you need both cables or even should connect both?!? 

0 Likes