cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

1337jay
Adept I

AMD shop verify emails!! When queue starts // gpu drops

Can you please make the shop during the next gpu drop verify emails. This is how miners are taking up spots... Same with any kind of bot, I'm guessing. If you actually verified emails during the queue phase, it would put a stop to a lot of the nonsense.

Personally if I was in charge I would make it phone numbers and verify via text instead of emails. That would really shut out a lot of people trying to scam their way through line ups. Then once they use the number they would only be able to use it for one tab if they opened up another - this number is in use. 

Also don't know if their doing this, but limit 1 per household or phone number. If they did all this I have no doubt in my mind a lot of real gamers would switch to team red!!!

Obviously not forever, I know this is a business, but until the demand for gpus slows down...

0 Likes
2 Solutions

True but they would need to use a different payment account each time with a different address and different name.

But no system is foolproof though.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies

AMD Store already has Anti-Scalper/Bot policies in place.

When AMD Store restricts either a specific CPU/GPU to one per household that includes the buyer's name, Address, telephone, credit card, etc.

Any one who purchases more than one of the restricted CPU/GPU AMD Store checks to see if the Buyer, or address has been used in a previous purchase. If it does it will automatically cancel that User's purchase.

0 Likes

Cool good to know but the real problem I'm concerned with is during the queue phase for the lineup to the store. I've seen in videos when in the queue you can just enter fake emails thus people use extensions for Chrome IE multiple account and open multiple tabs. So they just enter for example their real email than a new tab with the extension and their email just with an extra letter or number - a fake email. 

0 Likes

True but they would need to use a different payment account each time with a different address and different name.

But no system is foolproof though.

0 Likes

If interested here is AMD Store FAQ: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdonlinestorefaq

Screenshot 2021-12-17 203802.png

0 Likes

Very good to know. I'm just boggled then to as to why reddit posts say there going to bots. When it seems pretty evident that they are indeed going to real people.

I think the queue system is rigged , the event today  was very short.

It can't be first time buyers...

The system is rigged.

0 Likes