cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Aulund
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU - 12 cores 3.7 GHz - Keeps rebooting my PC - SOLVED

Last Christmas I bought and built my first gaming PC - Specs below. 

After a while the computer started to reboot when idling or high performing in example games like ESO, Fortnite and Cyperpunk mainly. I tried everything for troubleshooting and searched the internet likecrazy for a solution but no reel answers or solutions were found. 

First I thing I was thinking was an overheat or underperforming power supply. Tried both optimizing cooling and switching to a larger power supply to cope the pressure but little would it help and the same reboot would keep happening. 

Then I tried to switch out to another set of RAM sticks to see whether they were to blame but nothing changed and the PC kept rebooting. 

Whenever the reboot happened the below screen were shown just before. Never being able to activate a link through the QR code. 

thumbnail_IMG_1223.jpg

Finally I tried to switch out the CPU ... AND the issue seems to be solved have been running a fair two weeks of intense gaming on ultra settings in ESO and not one single reboot.. YEAH!! 

I switched to the following CPU:

• AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor 3.90 GHz

Now I will await the verdict of the claim I have made against the hopefully "broken CPU" I had before. 

Hope I can assist others with the same issue or engage in a talk about what could be the reason that the Ryzen 9 fails??

0 Replies