cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

bobr2k
Journeyman III

AMD RADEON R7-R8 GRAPHICS TINY FONTS IN WINDOWS 10

I'm not a gamer, not a 20 year old don't have 20-20 vision. The tiny fonts I get with my DELL are unreadable. "Everyone" says change zoom in chrome, or use larger text in Windows 10. That works for the main browser windows but it doesn't work for tab descriptions or for message boxes when dialogs are opened. I think there must be a way to set minimum font size in the grapics world but I'm not finding it. Anyone? 

338-BMFS : 7th Generation AMD FX(TM)9800P  Quad-Core Processor with Radeon(TM)R8 M445DX Dual Graphics
* AMD RADEON R7 GRAPHICS
* AMD RADEON R8 M445DX GRAPHICS
0 Likes
1 Reply
vokivbabu
Journeyman III

I assume this setup must be practised, Initially. I hope it helps you

"1-Right click on the desktop and select Display settings.
2. Slide the "Change the size of text, apps..." to the right to make text bigger. Or slide it to the left to make them smaller. The slider moves in increments of 25%. You can increase the size up to 175%
3. Click "Advanced Display Settings" at the bottom of the settings window.
4. Click "Advanced sizing of text and other items" at the bottom of the window.
5a. Click "set a custom scaling level" under Change size of items.
A pop-up window appears with a little ruler in it. Click on the percentage box, type in a number and click Ok. Test out different sizes until you find one you like.
5b. Select the UI element you want to change, pick a font size and check "Bold" if you want the letters bolded. Repeat these steps as necessary for the Title bars, Menus, Message boxes, Palette titles, Icons and Tooltips.
6. Click Apply. Windows will either make you wait or ask you to sign out and sign back in (in the case of scaling) before you see the changes."